Garduino Makership Update 2: The Seeds of Change

Zachary Ray

Sep 23, 2017, 1:27:41 AM9/23/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Hi everyone, Zach here, this is an open update to anyone interested in Garduino, we want this to be a community project and get everyone involved! I've focused recently on setting up small plants for future uses with the realization that fall is upon us and if I want plants by Halloween I must hurry. You can't see in the image but I currently have three pots on this roof set a foot apart. Currently we are growing (and this may change):
  • Peas x3
We are still in the process of ironing out the details of the hardware. Originally we planned to have a SD card shield, however we also have a PI that can manage both storing the data and hosting the data wirelessly. The main expenses of the sensors are definatly a conistant factor however I have been on the hunt for Solineod valves because I have heard rumors of them being at the Space.
1505956233376.jpg
1506040174729.jpg

Dr Wes Barnes

Sep 23, 2017, 5:50:31 PM9/23/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
If you put a pressure regulator to drop the line pressure coming in to 10psi or so you can use much cheaper mini solenoid valves that Run great on 5v output channels. Also much easier to regulate the amount dispensed with the lower pressures.

Amy

Sep 24, 2017, 11:48:39 AM9/24/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
There are some terra cotta planters on sale at meijer for 1.79 at the meijer on Preston

I know you were talking about getting some

They are 6 in planters

David Ortiz-Grob

Sep 25, 2017, 11:15:02 AM9/25/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
There are a bunch of solenoid valves in the barbot. I plan on going a different direction with it so you can probably have them.

Amy