Cleanliness

Pascalle Ballard

Jul 13, 2016, 12:02:45 PM7/13/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Was just over at the space - may be a good idea to keep food, and now houseplants, off of the sewing tables. I know they're conveniently located, but it would be pretty annoying if someone was working with nice material and got it covered in sludge.

Also, the dog located a dead mouse in the entryway. Another reason not to leave food out!

Divinity Rose

Jul 13, 2016, 12:11:32 PM7/13/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I'm taking the plants home with me - as for food - kevin has some tea there, but we have an ongoing push for people to clean up after themselves -- unfortunately, those of us who care often end up just having to clean up when we come in

Nothing but the best,

Divinity Rose, Experience Engineer
Engineering unique and engaging live, video and interactive technology experiences for education, marketing and entertainment.

Award Winning Author, Entertainer (humorist), Director, Producer
Available for Fun Speaking Engagements or Events for your Organization
Entertain. Enlighten. Empower.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 12:02 PM, Pascalle Ballard <seaglas...@gmail.com> wrote:
Was just over at the space - may be a good idea to keep food, and now houseplants, off of the sewing tables. I know they're conveniently located, but it would be pretty annoying if someone was working with nice material and got it covered in sludge.

Also, the dog located a dead mouse in the entryway. Another reason not to leave food out!

Divinity Rose

Jul 13, 2016, 12:12:48 PM7/13/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
whoops - i accidentally hit enter and it sent - I was going to say I moved all the sewing stuff over there to set up a nice sewing station and since it is by front door have a hard time keeping it from being a "catch all" for people's stuff - I'll try to get time to make a sign saying that people need to not set non sewing related stuff there - or you can if you get a chance before me

The space is built and maintained on members solving problems they come across

McCarthy, Patrick (GE, Appl & Light, consultant)

Jul 13, 2016, 1:09:59 PM7/13/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
You know things are bad when the food that is left out kills the mice....

(OR, perhaps we've gotten so good that the mice are starving?)

Pascalle Ballard

Jul 13, 2016, 1:11:49 PM7/13/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
That mouse was quite plump, he'd put away a cookie or two in his day :-)

Divinity Rose

Jul 13, 2016, 1:17:56 PM7/13/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
A few months ago, I cleaned out the cabinet in back people had stored sugar, and other food stuffs in and chiseled away all the mouse crap and urine. It was gross -

We thought we had kind of solved the food problem until a couple weeks ago when we discovered they were getting into Daniel's shake machine and eating the protein powders he had there - so it doesn't surprise me that it was plump.

Please store ALL food stuffs in fridges - even if it doesn't need refrigeration. Coffee and tea don't seem to be a problem - sugar packets, etc should be in some sort of closable container

I've spoken to Kevin and asked to not keep the tea and kettle at sewing station - we are going to set up an alternative food share table

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Pascalle Ballard <seaglas...@gmail.com> wrote:
That mouse was quite plump, he'd put away a cookie or two in his day :-)

John Howard

Jul 13, 2016, 1:38:24 PM7/13/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

Perhaps a metal pantry for food items the do not require refrigeration. There are some things that do not do well in a refrigerator.

Divinity Rose

Jul 13, 2016, 1:51:38 PM7/13/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
NO - NO FOOD PANTRIES - food is not to be stored here - period. Thanks. Well, there is no reason for people to leave their food items here. We had a huge debate about this ongoing for a couple years because it was only a few people who continually cleaned up - and when we moved to new building a big debate resulted in calling the health dept to see what was legal.

AFter cleaning up the last food pantry and chiseling rat and mouse excrement for hours I will vehemently oppose and throw away food items i find stored here

bruce

Jul 13, 2016, 2:17:46 PM7/13/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
plump mouse... hefty mouse