Need help getting dimensions (& CAD drawing?) of irregularly-shaped underpass walls for mural

sara adrienne

Aug 2, 2017, 10:15:15 AM8/2/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I'm helping put together a proposal for a HUGE mural at the intersection of Hill & Floyd, spanning two irregularly-shaped walls. Each one curves around from one street to the other, rather than coming to an angled corner. They also are level at the top, but are shorter at the edges, and dip down at an angle to be quite tall at the curve.

I need to be able to get an accurate size and shape of the canvas we'll be working on to plan the images. I was also thinking that a 3-D model would be great, so we could give the Commission On Public Arts an accurate idea of what the mural will look like actually in the space.

Can anyone help, or point me to someone who can help?

Also, we're still looking for street artists, and any other artists from marginalized populations to contribute.

Thanks,
Sara Adrienne Elder

David Ortiz-Grob

Aug 2, 2017, 10:26:54 AM8/2/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I think the local caving group has a laser scanner that might be able to collect the data accurately

sara adrienne

Aug 5, 2017, 7:38:41 AM8/5/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I reached out to them, but haven't heard back yet. Thanks for the idea! I'm really hoping to get this done before my meeting with city representatives Thursday morning. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Tim Miller

Aug 5, 2017, 11:12:06 AM8/5/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
qk4 might be help or at least a direction