Wood Lathe

Ben Hibben

Apr 6, 2018, 6:11:24 PM4/6/18
to lvl1, lvl1-m...@googlegroups.com
So this happened to our wood lathe:

It appears that someone was trying to pry off the end of this and gouged it.  It also appears that we need to spread the word that this tool requires that you not loosen the clamp (on the far side) too far as it can allow the entire central shaft to spin in ways it is not meant to.

I'd like to thank folks for reporting this to Bro...@lvl1.org when it was found in damaged state.

I'd like to encourage folks to ask for help if they don't know how to fix something as just prying on things can result in gouging and further damage to the equipment.  I have no idea what happened but I was able to fix it and remove the worst of the metal burrs tonight.

Remember that if you're unfamiliar with equipment you should spend some time talking to someone at the space who can train you on that equipment and, lacking that, at least watch a couple of hours of training videos on YouTube; they've got videos on everything there.  :-)

Hack on!

Blenster

David Ortiz-Grob

Apr 10, 2018, 9:20:40 AM4/10/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com
ESPECIALLY ON EQUIPMENT THAT IS GENEROUSLY ON LOAN FROM MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY