Getting rid of Biodiesel Reactor

Charles Sperbeck

Dec 21, 2017, 9:53:48 AM12/21/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Hey everyone, my biodiesel journey has come to an end. I am getting rid of a two tank Biodiesel Reactor, if that is the current term. A 55 gallon drum of ethanol, and various 25 gallon plastic drums of methanol and grease. The system comes with filters, a titration kit, and a number of other things. This is not a brand new setup, so there is some goop here and there, nothing that won't clean up. Having some life changes and biodiesel unfortunately has to go. If someone wants to throw some $$$ or there or whatever, then email me. I realize LVL1 is not a 'Buy, Sell, Trade' list, but I couldn't think of anywhere else the understanding exists to comprehend what all this is for. Certainly not Craigslist ;-)

Charlie Sperbeck

Ben Hibben

Dec 21, 2017, 1:08:35 PM12/21/17
to lvl1
I sent a friend of mine a message about this; he might be interested as we've talked about it before.

Unfortunately my truck isn't setup for that; only has one tank.  (Also I'm pretty broke due to that last kidney stone keeping me down for 2 months)

Blenster

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Charles Sperbeck <charlie....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey everyone, my biodiesel journey has come to an end. I am getting rid of a two tank Biodiesel Reactor, if that is the current term. A 55 gallon drum of ethanol, and various 25 gallon plastic drums of methanol and grease. The system comes with filters, a titration kit, and a number of other things. This is not a brand new setup, so there is some goop here and there, nothing that won't clean up. Having some life changes and biodiesel unfortunately has to go. If someone wants to throw some $$$ or there or whatever, then email me. I realize LVL1 is not a 'Buy, Sell, Trade' list, but I couldn't think of anywhere else the understanding exists to comprehend what all this is for. Certainly not Craigslist ;-)

Charlie Sperbeck

Charles Sperbeck

Dec 21, 2017, 1:15:45 PM12/21/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
For biodiesel that comes from this reactor, it can be run straight, or B100. It's not like grease where you have to cut over or anything. The main issue with bio is it starts to gel hard at 40 degrees. Thus it has to get cut. Also, depending on the age, running B100 can have negative effects due to it's detergent qualities. AKA, fuel ports, pumps, and sensors can get clogged because of the gunk that WAS in your engine before the B100. A pretty popular option is B20. Just to clear it all up Biodiesel == Diesel, they are in fact the same hydrocarbon form. Second tank is not needed.

Charlie

Ben Hibben

Dec 21, 2017, 2:35:10 PM12/21/17
to lvl1
Ah; neat.

The last time I looked at it I was looking at a two-tank system with a Ford but I ended up getting a really good price on the Chevy I have now.

In fact I'm about to see if I can get it running reliably again; I need to do some things and I need my truck back.

Blenster

PS Yes this means "truck favors" from Ben are hopefully back soon but I'm definitely asking for fuel costs and I need new tires so pitching in would really be appreciated.  Sorry it's not been available for awhile folks.