Two on demand workshops - Machine tools and AR building

David Ortiz-Grob

Dec 14, 2016, 2:06:15 PM12/14/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I will not have free weekends until almost february but my weeks are mostly open so I thought I'd offer my two workshop ideas on demand since they make the most sense one on one or in small group (2-3).

Basic machining:
Learn to use the Lvl 1 mill and lathe and the powerful ways you can use them together. If you have a part/idea you want to make, I can work with you from design to material and fastener selection to order of operations and on through completion. If you just want to learn to use the tools I have stock designs and parts that will teach you the basic elements of using the machine and hand tools. Cost for the student selected part would vary based on expected time but the stock design would run about $30 (inc. materials) and take around 3 hours.

Build an AR-15 lower:
Pre built models are often prohibitively expensive but they're basically legos and can be built from a stripped lower in an afternoon. Cost - $25 and includes help selecting parts, building the lower and information how to build and use your AR safely and legally. Cost of parts: $80-90 to make an incomplete but easy to finish lower receiver $150-200 to make a complete lower receiver. Uppers are typically $275 up to as much as you can afford.

Charles Sperbeck

Dec 14, 2016, 2:19:56 PM12/14/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
David,

I would be interested in both classes. Just let me know how you want sign up to be done if you are to hold them. Thanks!

Charlie Sperbeck

David Ortiz-Grob

Dec 14, 2016, 3:07:56 PM12/14/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I will email you so we can figure out the particulars without email bombing the whole list

Stephen Settles

Dec 14, 2016, 9:10:29 PM12/14/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Very interested.