Discussion - NOT A FAP - ZenBot CNC table

Tim VanSant

Feb 16, 2018, 4:28:19 PM2/16/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
The table on the ZenBot CNC router is 1/2" MDF and has a little bit of flex to it. The clamping system is okay, but could really use an upgrade.

I'd like to replace the table with 3/4" or 1" MDF and install a T-slot clamping system. I envision four T-slots running parallel to the Y-axis with a few large and small hold-down clamps and a variety of bolt lengths. This will make the tool more stable, more versatile, and easier to use.

Listed below are some pieces and prices. These do not include shipping.

Home Depot:

Amazon Smile:

Total cost for this is about $143 + shipping.

Discuss! Anyone have better ideas or better sources?