Cable modem

Lockadoc

Apr 11, 2016, 7:20:13 PM4/11/16
to Club Lvl1
My cable modem has bit the dust, any suggestions as to what I should be looking for?

Bill S
Sent from my iPhone

Matt B.

Apr 11, 2016, 8:15:17 PM4/11/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

A DOCSIS 3.1 modem is your best bet going forward for ultra high speed (ie if and when time warner ups base download rates to the hundreds of mbps). You can get away with a DOCSIS 3 though iirc. And if you're not worried about the future, DOCSIS 2 modems can be found in the boneyard (saw one or two there last week) or on craigslist.