Speed my PC SSD Install Workshop - 1/7/17

Kevin

Dec 12, 2016, 11:57:29 AM12/12/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Hey all, on January 7th I'll be leading a workshop to help you dramatically speed up your PC or Laptop by installing a solid state drive. I'll be available in advance to help you pick out an SSD appropriate to your needs ($50-$250), as well as help you figure out if your machine is upgrade-able. You must purchase the SSD in advance, as well as have a valid windows license (if you bought from hp/dell/etc you should). Optionally you can purchase an external usb enclosure to put your old drive in!

During the workshop I will provide help opening your machine, physically installing the SSD, and re-installing windows. You are responsible for backing up your files in advance, but you can keep your old drive so don't worry about losing things permanently. I'll also cover/help putting your old drive in a usb enclosure.

8 Seats available, by donation. Don't worry if it's only $1. I've found people are more likely to show up if they give anything for the ticket.