LED Testing

Everseeker

Jun 14, 2016, 10:22:16 AM6/14/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Here's a question:

Given: a LED array of 25hx200w in a 1.5"x4" holder(Yes, very small LEDs)
Given: The LED Array itself(Board)is not accessible.

I need to send patterns to the array & verify that they are correct (Correctness to the pixel level)

Any thoughts on how to do this? (I am open to anything. Scotch-Taping a couple CCDs over the display and reading them would not be beyond the realm of the possible)

Ben Hibben

Jun 15, 2016, 12:29:01 PM6/15/16
to lvl1
Are the LEDs individually addressed? Or all chained in one bus?

What sort f test do you have in mind?  Lumens?  Color temp?

Blenster

Everseeker

Jun 21, 2016, 9:48:08 AM6/21/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Hi.
The testing is pretty much On/Off
If pattern X is sent (Say, a box, 10 px per side, UL Vertex at Upper Left Array Origin)
that the pattern is actually displayed.
I'll send some images of the array if needed
Of course, since the board in question has not been released, You need to be killed BEFORE you look at it
(OK, I'll mask out the inconvenient bits 😁 ... spoil sport)

Ben Hibben

Jun 21, 2016, 12:02:38 PM6/21/16
to lvl1
Can you send different patterns to the LEDs?  Turn them on individually or just in groups?  I have some ideas but I'm curious about how to best automate this.

Blenster