Laser Cutter Assistance

Serra Doll

Nov 14, 2017, 8:48:59 AM11/14/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I'm interesting in using the laser cutter for a project. I've used a similar one before in college but have forgotten a lot of the rules/instructions. I was wondering if there would be a member that would be willing to show me the ropes/assist me this Friday or possibly Saturday afternoon (11/17 or 11/18)??

Michael Hammons

Nov 14, 2017, 10:53:10 AM11/14/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
The large laser cutter is down at this time. We do have a smaller one that is working.

Brian Wagner

Nov 14, 2017, 3:59:57 PM11/14/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
It is back up and running as of this morning :-)

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 10:53 AM, Michael Hammons <gothicgeekp...@gmail.com> wrote:
The large laser cutter is down at this time. We do have a smaller one that is working.

Serra Doll

Nov 14, 2017, 9:48:48 PM11/14/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Awesome! If I come in Friday do you know when a member might be present that knows how to use it?

On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 3:59:57 PM UTC-5, Brian P. Wagner wrote:
It is back up and running as of this morning :-)

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 10:53 AM, Michael Hammons <gothicgeekp...@gmail.com> wrote:
The large laser cutter is down at this time. We do have a smaller one that is working.

Brian Wagner

Nov 15, 2017, 7:20:09 AM11/15/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
I can come in Friday during the day to help.  Other than that, there will be people around friday evening for movie night.

Brian

Serra Doll

Nov 17, 2017, 1:50:03 PM11/17/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking of coming in around 3 or 4 if either of those times work? Also, I was planning to cut/etch on a 54 x 34 in piece of balsa wood - will those dimensions/that type of wood work?