Rabbit laser down?

John McCord

May 2, 2018, 6:11:37 PM5/2/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Gives immediate alert (like it does when it finishes) when start is pressed. Did same for Jared, he suggested to reach out to the group before contacting Broken.

Jared McNeil

May 3, 2018, 10:08:44 AM5/3/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
To offer a bit more information:

the big laser software would successfully upload the file John had open from the computer into the laser, and would anchor an origin, and focus the head successfully.
When either of us pressed the start button, the "finished" alert sounded immediately.

Not sure if it's a problem with the laser itself, the software, or, I might suspect, the file John was trying to run. I lasered something successfully just 24 hours before. I didn't have time to investigate further yesterday.

If anyone successfully uses the big laser in the next couple of days, let us know?

-Jared (they/them)

howelnmoon

May 3, 2018, 6:11:46 PM5/3/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com
FYI: Rabbit laser "remembers" the last mode, speed, power, output (on/off checkmark), and passes. I  (we) didn't look at that closely. Had we looked we would have seen the empty checkbox, hence the instant completion alert.

It must not be a frequent occurrence,  I did it cutting a mask from the same drawing that cut the parts I was using the mask to mddify.

Rather than share all the details, I'll post that Bre'r Rabbit is back at work. If anyone inquires I'll tell them.

John McCord

May 3, 2018, 6:14:46 PM5/3/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Rabbit laser working now. Thank you Pegasu