120 volt, 120 watt silicone mat heaters available

Gary Fischer

Aug 9, 2016, 11:38:31 AM8/9/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I have about (9) free  5" X 4" X 1.25" heaters available for projects. They are 120V, 120W, consisting of a silicone mat heater sandwiched between 2 aluminum finned heat sinks. 4 clips hold the assembly together, so easily taken apart. These might be useful as-is or disassembled  for the heat sinks or mat heater separately. Reply with any interest.

David Ortiz-Grob

Aug 11, 2016, 12:21:16 PM8/11/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I'd love to have one!

Gary Fischer

Aug 11, 2016, 12:24:42 PM8/11/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I'll drop a few off for the boneyard this weekend, and put your name on one, David.

McCarthy, Patrick (GE Appliances, Non-GE)

Aug 11, 2016, 12:30:23 PM8/11/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

How “Hot” are we talking?

Warm a slice of toast, Soften lead for de-soldering projects,  melt glass, ???

_______________

Patrick McCarthy

Office 502-452-4071

Mobile 502-939-1756

Gary Fischer

Aug 11, 2016, 12:42:41 PM8/11/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
It was designed to warm ATM safes in the winter by convection. With the aluminum heat sinks in place, it will get way to hot to pick up in about 90 seconds. Think about picking up a 100w light bulb after it's been on for a bit. It will certainly melt wax, or warm a liquid. Solder, probably not, But would make a good 120V heater for a 3D printer bed, I'd bet.

Michael Hammons

Aug 11, 2016, 9:46:53 PM8/11/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I'll take one I got a project already in mind for it

Gary Fischer

Aug 12, 2016, 3:30:23 PM8/12/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Mike,  I plan on dropping them off tonight after work. I'll put your name on one. In case 120W wasn't enough for someone, I found a 400W one that's the same basic form factor, but roughly twice the length that I will drop off also.

Michael Hammons

Aug 16, 2016, 6:45:35 PM8/16/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Did you drop them off?

Gary Fischer

Aug 17, 2016, 8:01:47 AM8/17/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Yes sir. Boneyard intake area, plastic bag, 6-8 of them.

On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 6:45:35 PM UTC-4, Michael Hammons wrote:
Did you drop them off?