Anyone interested in taking a free digital logic course?

Paul Schuster

Jun 8, 2018, 7:04:25 PM6/8/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I am interested in teaching a Digital Logic Course, at Lvl1 and putting it out there to see if there is any interest. This is the entire basis on how computers and digital electronics work on the most basic level. The course would be mainly theory but there is no reason we couldn't incorporate some bread board type experiments.

The Course would cover:

Binary Math, Octal and Hexidecimal Number system.

Truth tables, some Boolean Algebra

AND, OR, NAND, AND, FLIP FLOPS, MEMORY, SHIFT REGISTERS, FIFO, PROMS, ROMS, BINARY TO DECIMAL DECODERS, 7 SEGMENT DECODERS, BASICS OF ANALOG TO DIGITAL / DIGITAL TO ANALOG CONVERTERS, AND MORE, as they relate to practical applications and the design of logic circuits to reach a desired outcome, and their mechanical switch equivalents.

The course will be fun and easy to understand, by using everyday analogies. After completing you will have a better understanding to design and troubleshoot digital circuits, and an appreciation of what is going on at the gut level of computers or digital decices.

The course will not get into Large Scale Integration such as Arduino, and other integrated processors, but by taking the course you will have  better idea of what is going on inside the Large Scale Integration, and may be able to design interfaces around such processors.

If interested, please contact me. 502 -368-3807 Paul Schuster... leave message.

Tim VanSant

Jun 10, 2018, 12:46:56 PM6/10/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Have you picked a day/time or is that dependent on interest? I want to make sure we get it on the calendar.

Paul Schuster

Jun 10, 2018, 1:50:15 PM6/10/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Time is dependent upon everyone interested agreeing.. Be sure to send my your contact info.. So far you are the first one, but I only have it on one forum... which will change soon..

Paul Schuster

Paul Schuster

Jun 10, 2018, 1:51:41 PM6/10/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com
ok I read too fast... no response yet, just waiting for interests. not ready to post on calender yet... thanks

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 12:46 PM, Tim VanSant <tvan...@gmail.com> wrote:

Paul Schuster

Ben Hibben

Jun 19, 2018, 7:33:00 PM6/19/18
to lvl1
Sounds fun!

Blenster

John Howard

Jun 19, 2018, 8:11:15 PM6/19/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com
If the time works out I'd be game.

Paul Schuster

Jun 19, 2018, 10:16:02 PM6/19/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Thanks for the interest.. Post some days and times that are good for you and when you absolutely can't make it.. I am still in the scheduling stages and awaiting to see who is interested... Will let you all know.

Joshua Wilson

Jun 21, 2018, 6:06:07 AM6/21/18
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I would be interested depending on the class times

Paul Schuster

Jun 21, 2018, 11:25:31 AM6/21/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Great, I want those interested to pick a day of the week and time that would work for them and also when they absolutely couldn't make it... I will then work on a schedule... I am not sure when it will start until i get that data. Thanks for your interest.

Paul Schuster

Ben Hibben

Jun 21, 2018, 1:05:24 PM6/21/18
to lvl1
Thursday evening is relatively open for events at the space.

Blenster

Paul Schuster

John Howard

Jun 21, 2018, 1:10:35 PM6/21/18
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Thursday evening with the exception of the first Thursday of each month is generally good for me.