Need a "new" laptop?

Kevin Price

Jun 9, 2016, 9:13:35 AM6/9/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I have a lenovo thinkpad edge e531 that is about two years old. 15.6". Has 8gb of ram, core i3 (ivy bridge) and 500GB HD. Currently has windows 10, but I can put windows 8 back on it. I'm looking to sell it to a fellow hacker for ~$140.

The long story is I saw it cheap on CL with a broken LCD. I replaced the panel with a new one and intended to list it on ebay. It works wonderfully, and even has the nub mouse. Gets about 4 hours on battery with light use. I'm just not very motivated to get it listed on E-Bay. It has been sitting on my shelf at the space since I fixed it, and I'd hate to just let it rot - it really is a very nice laptop.

If you would like to see it, just respond, email me, or grab me at the space.

Kevin Price

Jun 9, 2016, 9:17:37 AM6/9/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
For reference on the price - they have been going for between $220 to $260 on ebay. I'm just super unmotivated right now.

bruce

Jun 9, 2016, 12:08:50 PM6/9/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
if you don't find a buyer..

I can use it to be able to test diff linux flavors... for your price (or close to it)

And if someone comes along who has a more pressing need, can pass it to them at the same price..

I'm trying to find a digital ocean contact to try to get them to match the msoft/azure 750$/mth free compute process for startup projects..

bruce

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Kevin Price <key...@gmail.com> wrote:
For reference on the price - they have been going for between $220 to $260 on ebay. I'm just super unmotivated right now.

Cody M

Jun 9, 2016, 4:28:22 PM6/9/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I bid $150 on it.

Kevin Price

Jun 10, 2016, 1:39:07 AM6/10/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
It isn't an auction, and Cody is not serious about buying it.

Matt B.

Jun 10, 2016, 1:41:20 AM6/10/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

I bid about tree fiddy