David Ortiz-Grob

Oct 21, 2016, 4:30:06 PM10/21/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Do we have any? When we placed the order for the metal cutting lathe the shipping level we picked didn't include lift gate service. I was under the impression that the back door to the building was higher than it was and could be used as one. No luck. I also thought there was a gate on the raised area that leads over to the front parking lot but again, no luck. Any ideas?

Daniel Johnsen

Oct 21, 2016, 5:51:09 PM10/21/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
For the shopbot we had to disassemble it to carry it in piece by piece.  There is a loading dock for the top floor of the building but there is no way to get it from there to the basement level.

Best bet is to carry it if you can and place it on the hand truck or the pallet jack.

David Ortiz-Grob

Oct 21, 2016, 6:00:03 PM10/21/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
OK so there is a dock where we can actually receive the crate. That was my big concern. We'll figure out the moving it when the time comes

Daniel Johnsen

Oct 21, 2016, 6:15:16 PM10/21/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Yes there is -- it is near the trash bins and recycling dumpster closest to Copper & Kings/railroad track; you enter in from Franklin St; they'd have to back in, if they are skilled enough, it is a tight fit, but I have a feeling they receive a lot of items and are OK with it.  Just give enough notification to the building admins so they can have it unlocked and a place to keep it for up to 24 hours before the team moves it downstairs.  If you have it put in the loading dock area, you'd have to wheel it around the block on the hand truck or the pallet jack or take it in via the steep incline to the main LVL1 doors.

If you know the delivery window, you can post a request for people to be there to help move it and the delivery guy and get close to the LVL1 ramp and just move it that small distance if he can get it from the back of the truck's lift (if it has one).

On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 6:00:03 PM UTC-4, David Ortiz-Grob wrote:
OK so there is a dock where we can actually receive the crate. That was my big concern. We'll figure out the moving it when the time comes

Nathan Armentrout

Oct 22, 2016, 8:01:23 PM10/22/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Let me know when delivery is and I can help receive it.