MEETING -- Louisville Mini Maker Faire

Danielle B

Aug 5, 2016, 4:38:47 PM8/5/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Fellow spacers,

TL;DR -- I'd like to hold an initial meeting for all those interested in helping out (or possibly helping out) with Maker Faire Detroit on behalf of LVL1 next Thursday evening.
Even if you aren't sure or don't know what to make of it, please stop by; in fact, you may benefit the most from this meeting.

Louisville makerspace troublemaking began here at LVL1, guys--this is our town, and our show!

Jared, you are hella-awesome for posting Mini Maker Faire info and getting the word out there and inviting others.  The next step is wrangling together a grand exhibition.

This meeting is just an initial step--discussing roles, content, and logistics.  But it's a great opportunity to discuss this in person, especially if you are new.
No commitments needed yet, just thoughts and questions.

So I'm thinking next Thursday (August 11), at 7:30 PM.  Stay tuned for the possibility of a second meeting, or alternate time.

Please stop by, guys, and thanks so much for everything you do!

Danielle Blank
LVL1 President

McCarthy, Patrick (GE Appliances, Non-GE)

Aug 5, 2016, 4:41:07 PM8/5/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com

You just got BACK…. Already making plans for next time???

_______________

Patrick McCarthy

Office 502-452-4071

Mobile 502-939-1756

Danielle B

Aug 5, 2016, 4:51:35 PM8/5/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
(1) -- Our Faire is only about a month away--already panic mode!
(2) -- LVL1 must bear the burden of being awesome at Maker Faires.  With great irresponsibility comes great theatricality.  That's how that phrase went, right?  ;-)

Ben Hibben

Aug 5, 2016, 5:17:46 PM8/5/16
to lvl1
Our local faire has been growing more and more; we have an opportunity to make sure that Cinci or Nashville don't get our regions "big" faire...  :-)

Plus it's a lot of fun and we don't have to drive 6 hours and pay for hotels...  :-)

Blenster

Pascalle Ballard

Aug 6, 2016, 2:04:13 AM8/6/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I think the confusion is that this meeting is for Detroit, but didn't that just end? The thursday meeting is for the mini maker faire?

Divinity Rose

Aug 6, 2016, 11:07:20 AM8/6/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the meeting is for Louisville mini maker faire

On Saturday, August 6, 2016, Pascalle Ballard <seaglas...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think the confusion is that this meeting is for Detroit, but didn't that just end? The thursday meeting is for the mini maker faire?

Nothing but the best,

Divinity Rose, Experience Engineer
Engineering unique and engaging live, video and interactive technology experiences for education, marketing and entertainment.

Award Winning Author, Entertainer (humorist), Director, Producer
Available for Fun Speaking Engagements or Events for your Organization
Entertain. Enlighten. Empower.

Everseeker

Aug 6, 2016, 3:57:09 PM8/6/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Ohhh... Now I get it.
The Confusion was born of this:

TL;DR -- I'd like to hold an initial meeting for all those interested in helping out (or possibly helping out) with Maker Faire Detroit on behalf of LVL1 next Thursday evening.

hence my query

On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Divinity Rose <divini...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, the meeting is for Louisville mini maker faire

On Saturday, August 6, 2016, Pascalle Ballard <seaglas...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think the confusion is that this meeting is for Detroit, but didn't that just end? The thursday meeting is for the mini maker faire?

Nothing but the best,

Divinity Rose, Experience Engineer
Engineering unique and engaging live, video and interactive technology experiences for education, marketing and entertainment.

Award Winning Author, Entertainer (humorist), Director, Producer
Available for Fun Speaking Engagements or Events for your Organization
Entertain. Enlighten. Empower.

Danielle Blank

Aug 6, 2016, 9:16:12 PM8/6/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, all--I have typed "Maker Faire Detroit" so many times in the last few months that it just rolls off my fingers now.
Louisville Mini Maker Faire, friends.
Sorry for the confusion.
I certainly won't discourage anyone planning for next year's Detroit, but... there are more urgent Faires.  :D

Danielle B.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace" group.