Sewing corner

Amy

Sep 17, 2017, 8:51:07 PM9/17/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I am interested in cleaning the sewing corner and organizing it some. I might be able to donate some clothes or cloth to practice on should I find a good deal. I just can't do this probably for a few weeks. I would like to do it on a Friday evening if anyone is also interested.

Kevin Price

Sep 18, 2017, 11:25:12 AM9/18/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I'll help. Just let me know when.

On Sep 17, 2017 8:51 PM, "Amy" <amy.pra...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am interested in cleaning the sewing corner and organizing it some.  I might be able to donate some clothes or cloth to practice on should I find a good deal.  I just can't do this probably for a few weeks.  I would like to do it on a Friday evening if anyone is also interested.

Brian Wagner

Sep 18, 2017, 9:18:13 PM9/18/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I will also help.

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 11:25 AM Kevin Price <key...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'll help. Just let me know when.
On Sep 17, 2017 8:51 PM, "Amy" <amy.pra...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am interested in cleaning the sewing corner and organizing it some.  I might be able to donate some clothes or cloth to practice on should I find a good deal.  I just can't do this probably for a few weeks.  I would like to do it on a Friday evening if anyone is also interested.

Amy

Sep 19, 2017, 12:55:41 AM9/19/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Probably Friday September 29 in the evening around 6pm is good for me to clean the sewing corner

Another possible time for me is Friday October 20. At 6pm.

Maybe I could do this on a Tuesday night if neither time works for others

Let me know if any of these times work for you.

As far as finding wholesale fabric I am going to look around to see if I find any good buys

Brian Wagner

Sep 20, 2017, 8:01:39 AM9/20/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
I cannot do Friday as I am going out of town, but I will be at the space Thursday morning so I will try to do a little bit of cleaning.  Some sewing workshops would be fun to do.

Amy

Sep 21, 2017, 9:11:40 PM9/21/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Thanks for everyone's help cleaning the sewing corner tonight. I was thinking it would take a longer time and I did not want to stay too late on Fri. I appreciate everyone.

It's not quite done on the shelf though and there is still more cleaning to do.

I know it's hard to not use the sewing corner tables for storage especially if no one is actively sewing there.

Hopefully we will get a workshops together and more people will be sewing in the future!

Brian Wagner

Sep 22, 2017, 8:48:53 AM9/22/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
Wow, that is awesome!

Amy

Sep 25, 2017, 9:37:47 PM9/25/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Phase 2 of sewing corner clean up is complete. Today we tackled the shelf and cleaning the dust as well as David took the older sewing machine off the pallet. So now that's flush with the wall and directly on the ground

Any new cloth donations appreciated. Any old but Clean clothes for practicing on are appreciated. We have thread and some needles it appears.

We found a couple of sewing machines but I don't know if they are working We also found a lot of sewing machine pedals.

More to come!

Amy

Sep 25, 2017, 9:42:19 PM9/25/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I also found a really nice in pretty good condition men's suit. Size smallish or medium. It looks really nice and possibly could be donated to anyone who needs an interview suit. Probably needs a dry cleaning.

If you want to look at it It's in the large plastic cloth box folded neatly under some white tee shirts That box is on the shelf

Amy

Sep 27, 2017, 8:47:13 PM9/27/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I am interested in having a Sewing 101 class at the space from 6-8 pm on Nov 8 tentatively. TBH I will add that I am extremely interested in sewing and have taken classes on it but I am not an expert. I think it will bring people to the space to have a class here on sewing. And maybe the sewing corner will get more traffic that way. There are places in town where this class will cost 60 dollars so I think people might be interested in a lower cost class.

Divinity Rose

Amy

Sep 29, 2017, 11:29:34 PM9/29/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Thanks to the person who donated some old clothes and cloth. I folded these and put in the cloth box on the shelf tonight.

Amy

Oct 11, 2017, 12:01:02 AM10/11/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
“Open sew”. Sewing night to be held at LVL1 sewing corner on Wednesday Nov 8 from 6pm to 9pm. Save the date! Bring a sewing project or learn to use one of the machines. This is not a sewing class. It’s a sewing open house that is free of cost.