3D printing from Autodesk Fusion 360?

ginnyjollykidd .

Dec 23, 2016, 1:17:44 AM12/23/16
to LVL1
Who is/are the experts on 3D printing? Do the printers we have at the space currently work? Do they interface with Autodesk Fusion 360 to render a print? I am taking some web tutorials online to learn Fusion, and it is great!

I wondered if sometime in the near future that someone could teach how to use the 3D printers?

And what kinds of files do you need? Fusion 360 can give me several different formats.

Thanks.

Yours truly,

Ginny Jolly😎

Nathan Armentrout

Dec 23, 2016, 7:35:19 AM12/23/16
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
Hey Ginny,

The TAZ 3D printer is working at LVL1. It does not interface directly with Fusion 360. You need to save your 3D model to a .STL file. On the computer by the 3D printer, there are programs that will take your STL file and convert it to gcode, which is a list of commands the 3D printer understands and follows. Here's a link to some instructions for using LVL1's 3D printer: http://wiki.lvl1.org/Murphy

ginnyjollykidd .

Dec 23, 2016, 11:26:59 AM12/23/16
to lv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much!
Ginny

ginnyjollykidd .

Feb 5, 2017, 2:57:58 PM2/5/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
What kind of plastic filament does  the Taz use?
Thanks.
Ginny

On Dec 23, 2016 7:35 AM, "Nathan Armentrout" <nra...@gmail.com> wrote:

Brian Wagner