Where do you order your parts?

Zachary Ray

Sep 15, 2017, 6:36:46 PM9/15/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I'm trying to get parts for my Adruino project and I want to know where you all get your parts personally? Right now i am looking at Adafruit, than trying to match the item on ebay or amazon. What are some trusted sources for you on Ebay or Amazon?

Brian Wagner

Sep 15, 2017, 9:44:40 PM9/15/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
Adafruit or Sparkfun if I have lots of the money for the part.  Or I order on ebay or amazon for stuff way cheaper.  Feel free to post what you are thinking of buying and we can help you decide whether it is a good price or not.

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Zachary Ray <zacha...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm trying to get parts for my Adruino project and I want to know where you all get your parts personally? Right now i am looking at Adafruit, than trying to match the item on ebay or amazon. What are some trusted sources for you on Ebay or Amazon?

Greg Miller

Sep 16, 2017, 12:06:02 AM9/16/17
to lv...@googlegroups.com
I get most stuff off of EBay.  I used to do Aliexpress, but found a pretty high rate of failure to deliver.  Their dispute process is pretty quick, but with some items having 30-60 day delivery times, it's easy to forget to open one, and there's a pretty ambiguous window where can can actually open one.  So, I've lost a few bucks by missing the window, but Aliexpress is usually cheaper.  I've found Amazon isn't even close to being competitive on price, especially for anything under about $10 even if you have Prime.  I try to actually support Sparkfun and Adafruit when I can, a lot of their parts are prices competitively, but their shipping costs usually blows the deal, but if you need it fast, they're usually pretty good.

David Ortiz-Grob

Michael Withrow

Sep 16, 2017, 6:04:34 PM9/16/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
I'm pretty new to working with components, but I've been happy with the orders I've had from MPJA.

Brian Wagner

Sep 17, 2017, 9:58:33 AM9/17/17
to LVL1 - Louisville's MakerSpace
I have bought stuff from electronics goldmine before.  I think most of it is surplus so you might not be able to buy it the second time.  http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/