superproxy/lusca-mfs: would someone mind reviewing the gzip encoding support from there?

Adrian Chadd

Oct 22, 2011, 4:38:56 AM10/22/11
to lusca...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

There's a couple of projects which seem to have a gzip encoding patch
against lusca.

http://code.google.com/p/super-proxy/downloads/list
http://code.google.com/p/lusca-mfsbsd/downloads/list

Since it's out there and GPL 2.0ed, I'd like to get the gzip
content-encoding patch evaluated and included into lusca-head if
possible.
That feature has been asked for for quite some time and I'd like to
finally get it into the tree and usable by people.

Would someone like to help me do this?

Adrian

Joe

Oct 23, 2011, 4:05:45 AM10/23/11
to lusca-users
Check this out, https://github.com/yaoweibin/squid_gzip
that's the original link for the patches, FYI I also have tested it
@ Lusca and still running good until now.

On Oct 22, 3:38 pm, Adrian Chadd <adrian.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There's a couple of projects which seem to have a gzip encoding patch
> against lusca.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/super-proxy/downloads/listhttp://code.google.com/p/lusca-mfsbsd/downloads/list

Joe

Oct 23, 2011, 9:16:10 PM10/23/11
to lusca-users
I have add the patch to be used for lusca.
Check this out :

http://code.google.com/p/lusca-cache/issues/detail?id=148

On Oct 23, 3:05 pm, Joe <joe.he...@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> Check this out,https://github.com/yaoweibin/squid_gzip
> that's the original link for the patches, FYI I also have tested it
> @ Lusca and still running good until now.
>
> On Oct 22, 3:38 pm, Adrian Chadd <adrian.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi all,
>
> > There's a couple of projects which seem to have a gzip encoding patch
> > against lusca.
>
> >http://code.google.com/p/super-proxy/downloads/listhttp://code.google...

Adrian Chadd

Oct 23, 2011, 11:47:45 PM10/23/11
to lusca...@googlegroups.com
On 24 October 2011 09:16, Joe <joe....@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> I have add the patch to be used for lusca.
> Check this out :
>
> http://code.google.com/p/lusca-cache/issues/detail?id=148

Cool. It looks ok, can I get a bit more testing? I'll then look at
merging it into LUSCA_HEAD.

Adrian

Adrian Chadd

Oct 25, 2011, 1:00:51 AM10/25/11
to lusca...@googlegroups.com
The other queries:

* it doesn't do any kind of threading, so the gzip is being done in
the same context as the rest of Lusca. That should really be fixed in
the future.
* 256k per gzipped connection is quite high. Is it gzip'ing the whole
reply after buffering it all, or just gzip'ing bits of it?
* It would be nice if someone would write up some chunked encoding
reply code for Lusca, so the gzip code could just leverage that (and
thus keep persistent connections alive.)

adrian