lusca multithreading

Enio Marconcini

Jun 6, 2012, 3:11:05 PM6/6/12
to lusca...@googlegroups.com
Already takes a while since my last installation of Lusca.
Is Lusca ready for multithreading or not?
I see people that uses mods like running multiple instances to turn up performance.
Is this the only way to do it? Or have plans to be multithread in the future?
sorry by the bad english :(

thanks

--
ENIO RODRIGO MARCONCINI
@eniomarconcini

"Have a trouble with windows: reboot!
Have a trouble with unix: be root!"

João Renato

Jun 7, 2012, 7:57:38 PM6/7/12
to lusca...@googlegroups.com
Lusca no is multithread.

Mas implemantações com multiplas instancias podem ser utilizadas, no
entanto, para que isso seja necessario
você terá quer ter bandas muito altas acima de 100 a 150mb.

2012/6/6 Enio Marconcini <eni...@gmail.com>:
> --

João Renato Arceno do Canto
Sistemas de Informação - UFGD
MikroTik RouterOS Certificate #MKBR0030
Mandriva Conectiva PRO Certified Linux Network Administrator
Cels: OI 8478-0933 / Vivo 9664-0686 / TIM 8167-3040

Jun 7, 2012, 11:35:03 PM6/7/12
to lusca...@googlegroups.com, João Renato
João Renato wrote:
> Lusca no is multithread.
>
> Mas implemantações com multiplas instancias podem ser utilizadas, no
> entanto, para que isso seja necessario
> você terá quer ter bandas muito altas acima de 100 a 150mb.

the second part is not correct

there may exist several reasons for using more than one instance

one of this reasons could be using more efficient a multi-core machine

when you decide so, first criteria is if the machine fulfill memory
requirements, specially RAM and Disk in order to run in a beneficial manner

Hans

+55 11 4249.2222

signature.asc