Defcon conference proposal re law?

Aisha Halim

Feb 25, 2014, 9:51:35 AM2/25/14
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Another slightly unrelated question: my friend (who I asked in behalf
of for security/crypto book recommendations) has done some work with
intellectual property law. She's planning to attend Defcon and maybe
submit a conference proposal but she wants to know her audience a bit
more before figuring out what exactly to talk about from her
experience so far.

Do you know of a mailing list or irc channel where people will be
willing to help her flesh out ideas a bit further? Where should she
start?

-Aisha

eviljoel

Feb 25, 2014, 9:33:33 PM2/25/14
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Aisha,

The Chicago Security Meetup would be a great place to start. I'm
pretty sure most of the people who attend those regularly attend
DEF-CON. Also, she might want to consider going to Thotcon, a local
security conference.

Laters,
eviljoel

Aisha Halim

Feb 25, 2014, 9:41:30 PM2/25/14
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Joel! I passed it on -- going to Thotcon will probably be a
great exposure for her, though I hope it's not too late by then for
the CFPs...anyway, great resources!

-Aisha

organized...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2014, 10:48:18 PM2/25/14
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com, luni-c...@googlegroups.com
Applied Cryptography by Bruce Schneier is a good book to start

Sent from my iPad