systemd

Mike Scott

Jul 13, 2015, 8:06:28 PM7/13/15
to AALUG Mailing List
Anybody know of a good primer / reference on systemd and services in
Linux?
Preferably something in print (dead tree format) or Kindle-friendly that
I ca read on a tablet.
Id like to learn how it works and maybe write some code.

- Mike Scott

Hef

Jul 14, 2015, 6:58:41 PM7/14/15
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com
You might be looking for something a bit more advanced, but a guide I wrote for my hackerspace for systemd newbies:

https://wiki.pumpingstationone.org/HOWTO_Create_a_Service

- Mike Scott

Samir Faci

Jul 14, 2015, 10:01:11 PM7/14/15
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com

Mike Scott

Jul 15, 2015, 12:28:32 PM7/15/15
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Samir, I ordered the Fedora book.
And Hef, I will check out your blog.
Of course, now that I know you are a source of info, don't be surprised
if I have questions. :-)

Anything I can find will be appreciated.

- Mike Scott

Oleg Brodkin

Jul 16, 2015, 12:33:29 AM7/16/15
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com
Just got the latest issue of "Linux Pro" magazine, there is an article "Introduction to Systemd"

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2015/176/Command-Line-Systemd