Breaking: Native Netflix support coming to Linux

Mike Scott

Sep 19, 2014, 3:05:19 PM9/19/14
to AALUG Mailing List

Samir Faci

Sep 19, 2014, 4:31:44 PM9/19/14
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I saw that. You can do this already if you get the
devel/unstable release of Chrome. It's long overdue but glad it's
finally being addressed.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Mike Scott <lu...@pyewacket.org> wrote:
> http://www.themukt.com/2014/09/19/native-netflix-ubuntu-linux/
>
> - Mike Scott
>
> --

Thank you
Samir Faci

Sean Lynch

Sep 19, 2014, 4:47:20 PM9/19/14
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com, lu...@pyewacket.org
 Here is an article on enabling playback with the DEV version of chrome:
http://www.webupd8.org/2014/08/how-to-enable-html5-playback-for.html

It looks like similar steps would work for other distros, unless there is something special about the libnss3 in the ubuntu PPA. I suspect there is nothing special, just a a newer version.