completely off topic - populating lottery tickets

Jay Strauss

Jan 11, 2016, 1:15:48 PM1/11/16
to LUNI - Linux Users Of Northern Illinois (Chicago) - Technical Discussion
I'd like to use random.orgs lottery picker

To populate powerball numbers

I don't trust the lotteries "quick pick" because I never win :)

Can anyone think of a good way to do this (outside of by hand)?  Maybe some niffy javascript that would read in random.org and nagivate and populate myillinoislottery.com?

Thanks
Jay

Chris McKeever

Jan 11, 2016, 1:20:03 PM1/11/16
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com
I'd, inject some of my own JS into random.org that takes their results and spits it into JSON
I'd then do the same to populate the other page.  I dont know how I'd accomodate multiple sets of the quickpick numbers in the other form as I didnt look at what that side did.

First attempt at the inject would be to find the JS method that outputs the numbers, and add the line to spit into hash.  I do this by copying the JS method add my code and pasting it into the Chrome console.  Lovely custom JS.

All this hinges on accesible JS of course.