RE: [LUNI] Looking for some ideas

Mike Scott

Nov 16, 2015, 4:02:23 PM11/16/15
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com
It looks like I can do what I need using VLC's rich command line (man, I
never realized how many options it had). If I run it with just the
directory containing the video loops

-Z play randomly
-L loop forever
-f fullscreen

example vlc -ZLf Video/Loops

I just have to find the one that stops it from displaying the name of
the file at the start of each video

- Mike Scott

On 2015-11-05 14:57, Mike Scott wrote:
> I would like to set up a PC to randomly play marketing loops (mostly
> wmv, but I can convert).
> Ideally, it would output the videos as full-screen through an HDMI
> output on as video card.
> It doesn't even have to be a computer, a simple streaming media player
> would work.
>
> I need this to be easy for a non-computer person to administer, just
> add
> or remove videos from the queue.
> I could even slap a web front-end on it.
> Any suggestions?
>

> - Mike Scott

W Scott Lockwood III

Nov 16, 2015, 4:03:38 PM11/16/15
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com
On 11/16/2015 3:02 PM, Mike Scott wrote:
> It looks like I can do what I need using VLC's rich command line (man, I
> never realized how many options it had). If I run it with just the
> directory containing the video loops
>
> -Z play randomly
> -L loop forever
> -f fullscreen
>
> example vlc -ZLf Video/Loops
>
> I just have to find the one that stops it from displaying the name of
> the file at the start of each video
>
> - Mike Scott

We used to do that at one of the places I worked in order to loop Office
Space in the lobby. :-)

--
W. Scott Lockwood III
sc...@guppylog.com

Mike Scott

Nov 16, 2015, 4:08:16 PM11/16/15
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com
Found it --no-osd

Had to watch some how-to videos doing it in the GUI, then I new what to
look for.

- Mike Scott