How 'long' is a full moon?

Tansel Coşkuner

May 29, 2010, 10:47:07 PM5/29/10
to Lunarium
How long does a full moon or a new moon (or it's effects) last? I ask this because the moon is visually similar for a few days when it's full. Do you consider it full just that one night and assume it's waning the next night, or can we say the moon is full for 2 nights if the visual implication is there?

Stephannie White

May 31, 2010, 3:00:31 AM5/31/10
to Lunarium
IMHO, this would depend on why you are defining the time of the full
moon. From a spiritual perspective, personally, the moon is considered
"full" at the astrological time. But, prior to that pinnacle, the moon
is waxing in strength as does the spiritual implications. And of
course, post-pinnacle, the moon in waning.

If on the other hand, you're planning a romantic moonlit picnic, I'd
say you have about 3 nights of best moon light for your romance to
blossom.

sunnydays
Steph