Could not initialize term mention filter: io.lumify.clavin.ClavinTermMentionFilter

Apurv Tiwari

May 14, 2015, 12:23:25 PM5/14/15
to lum...@googlegroups.com
I have recently downloaded this project and set it up on my IDE (as per documentation). I uploaded 2 ontologies ontology-dev and wikipedia as well. Subsequently when I run the application on jetty it throws a ClavinTermMentionFilterException stacktrace below :

Exception in thread "graph-property-worker-runner-238" io.lumify.core.exception.LumifyException: Could not initialize term mention filter: io.lumify.clavin.ClavinTermMentionFilter
at io.lumify.core.ingest.graphProperty.GraphPropertyRunner.loadTermMentionFilters(GraphPropertyRunner.java:115)
at io.lumify.core.ingest.graphProperty.GraphPropertyRunner.prepareWorkers(GraphPropertyRunner.java:54)
at io.lumify.core.ingest.graphProperty.GraphPropertyRunner.prepare(GraphPropertyRunner.java:48)
at io.lumify.web.ApplicationBootstrap$2.run(ApplicationBootstrap.java:268)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: clavin.indexDirectory must be configured.
at io.lumify.clavin.ClavinTermMentionFilter.prepareClavinLuceneIndex(ClavinTermMentionFilter.java:147)
at io.lumify.clavin.ClavinTermMentionFilter.prepare(ClavinTermMentionFilter.java:101)
at io.lumify.core.ingest.graphProperty.GraphPropertyRunner.loadTermMentionFilters(GraphPropertyRunner.java:113)
... 4 more

From the error it seems it is looking for a config clavin.IndexDirectory in some config file. After tracing the configurations it seems it is looking for this in lumify.properties which has no clavin.indexDirectory property. I can't seem to find the same in any documentation either.

Also, while uploading the sample data for wikipedia there was a step involving Re-indexind the data which is documented  here. I think there is a typo in the module name there. Instead of lumify-wikipedia-mr it should have been lumify-reindex-mr ?

Thanks

Gordon Shankman

May 14, 2015, 12:28:05 PM5/14/15
to lum...@googlegroups.com
See https://github.com/lumifyio/lumify/blob/develop/docs/CLAVIN.md for instructions on getting CLAVIN up and running, along with a sample properties file for configuring Lumify to use it. You can also find a prebuilt index (use the more recent 2.0.0 index for the development branch) at https://bits.lumify.io/data

vincenzo algieri

Aug 24, 2016, 1:38:35 PM8/24/16
to Lumify
Hi Apurv,

did you resolv this issue??

Thanks

Apurv Tiwari

Aug 24, 2016, 1:45:53 PM8/24/16
to Lumify
Hi Vincenzo,
Yes I did. Gordon's suggests correctly to follow https://github.com/lumifyio/lumify/blob/develop/docs/CLAVIN.md to configure CLAVIN

HTH

Charlie Greenbacker

Sep 18, 2016, 10:35:44 AM9/18/16
to Lumify
Hi everyone,

I'm the original creator of CLAVIN and a former member of the Lumify development team. Both projects have languished a bit in recent years. Most of the original Lumify team has moved on to a new project called Visallo and I recently launched a new REST-based web API for extracting location information from unstructured text. It's called Geoparser.io and I'd be happy to send you an API key if you'd like to check it out. :)

Geoparser.io should be a lot easier than CLAVIN to get working with either Lumify or Visallo.

Cheers,
Charlie