lucee on a nas ?

DMan

Jul 26, 2016, 10:32:26 AM7/26/16
to Lucee
Wondering if anyone has Lucee running on a nas? cpu shouldn't be an issue but low end nas boxes have limited ram, eg 512Mb.

Andrew Penhorwood

Jul 26, 2016, 3:30:50 PM7/26/16
to Lucee
I have Lucee running on Raspberry PI 2b so running it on NAS box should work.  It will depend on what else is running at the same time.

Andrew Penhorwood

Mark Drew

Jul 26, 2016, 5:31:19 PM7/26/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I got it running on a pi zero
image1.JPG

Mark Drew
- Sent by typing with my thumbs.
--
Get 10% off of the regular price for this years CFCamp in Munich, Germany (Oct. 20th & 21st) with the Lucee discount code Lucee@cfcamp. 189€ instead of 210€. Visit https://ti.to/cfcamp/cfcamp-2016/discount/Lucee@cfcamp
---

Andrew Penhorwood

Jul 27, 2016, 5:58:15 AM7/27/16
to Lucee
Cool!!!

Andrew Penhorwood

DMan

Jul 27, 2016, 6:42:45 AM7/27/16
to Lucee
thanks for the replies. So I think we have established Lucee will run on basic enough hardware but does it run comfortably?

what os are we talking about on the pi boxes? Linux I take it?

Basically I want to have a mini dev server with lucee and mysql as I find developing locally a bit awkward.

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 10:58:15 AM UTC+1, Andrew Penhorwood wrote:
Cool!!!

Andrew Penhorwood

Mark Drew

Jul 27, 2016, 6:53:15 AM7/27/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Ahh, well what do you want to do with it. you are now asking a lot from a mini computer. I can run Lucee but it took a while and it is slow. It won’t be the next twitter.

Developing is even more intensive as Lucee has to compile your code to java, and as you change that will be slow. I can’t remember what my Pi was running at the time (it;s own version of ubuntu?)

I would develop locally then deploy, I can’t see why developing remote would be less awkward than developing locally?

Regards

Mark Drew

develop • deploy • deliver

--

Get 10% off of the regular price for this years CFCamp in Munich, Germany (Oct. 20th & 21st) with the Lucee discount code Lucee@cfcamp. 189€ instead of 210€. Visit https://ti.to/cfcamp/cfcamp-2016/discount/Lucee@cfcamp
---

Andrew Penhorwood

Jul 27, 2016, 9:23:45 AM7/27/16
to Lucee
I agree with Mark on this.  I am running Lucee 5.1 with the latest Java 1.8.x on my RP2b.  The OS is gentoo linux.  It is not fast but acceptable.  There is no database installed on the RP2b.  I bought two RP3 to be the database servers.  I have not finished the project due to moving to a new apartment.  For me it was more of a learning exercise since the installation on server level hardware is basically the same on the raspberry pi.

Andrew Penhorwood

Andrew Penhorwood

Jul 27, 2016, 9:30:37 AM7/27/16
to Lucee
I looked over the spec of the Brix from gigabyte.  That should run Lucee very well.  The limiting factor would be the amount of memory you install on the box.

Andrew Penhorwood

Brad Wood

Jul 27, 2016, 10:17:14 AM7/27/16
to Lucee
Here's my raspberry pi site running on Lucee (via CommandBox).  I can push over 1000 requests per second to a basic page with a couple lines of CFML.  My ContentBox blog (running on CF ORM) on an H2 in-memory database will process around 200 requests per second.

Like Mark said, the slowest thing is usually compilation.  Startup is kind of slow at first until it gets going.  RAM is also short on supply, but as you can see in the graph on my Pi site (live updating RAM usage) I don't need much to run a basic blog with no traffic :)

Thanks!

~Brad

Andrew Penhorwood

Jul 27, 2016, 10:53:55 AM7/27/16
to Lucee
Here is Brad's website.

http://pi.bradwood.com/

Brad Wood

Jul 27, 2016, 11:02:59 AM7/27/16
to Lucee

Oop, thx. I forgot the link!  This is what I meant to paste:

http://pi.bradwood.com/blog/performance-tests-show-over-1000-requests-per-second

--
Get 10% off of the regular price for this years CFCamp in Munich, Germany (Oct. 20th & 21st) with the Lucee discount code Lucee@cfcamp. 189€ instead of 210€. Visit https://ti.to/cfcamp/cfcamp-2016/discount/Lucee@cfcamp
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Lucee" group.