First call after restart returns 302

ProstepsBelgium

Dec 23, 2016, 8:20:15 AM12/23/16
to Lucee
Hi all,

We are experiencing a problem with some websites right after a Lucee restart. We created a web app that will generate a PDF and returns the filename to the main website. This is all working great.
However whenever we restart Lucee the first call to this web app (fired from the main website) will return a 302 instead of the PDF data. The following calls to the web app will return the correct data.
We can solve this by browsing to the web app right after restart but thats not a real solution.

I have setup a test project locally with only a index.cfm file and can replicate the result (see attached images).

Any way to stop the 302 from happening?

Thanks.

Regards
200.JPG
302-data.JPG
200.JPG

ProstepsBelgium

Dec 23, 2016, 8:23:22 AM12/23/16
to Lucee
We are using Lucee version 4.5.2.018 final.

Sean Daniels

Dec 23, 2016, 9:35:30 AM12/23/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I’m guessing you used the Vivio installer and are using mod_cfml as the Apache or IIS connector. mod_cfml uses the first request after a restart to configure the server context and then will redirect one time.

You can get around this by manually configuring the server context in tomcat (server.xml) instead of relying on mod_cfml to do it for you.

Zac Spitzer

ProstepsBelgium

Jan 2, 2017, 9:41:08 AM1/2/17
to Lucee
Well I tried that locally and it seems to be working fine. Only disadvantage is that all endpoints need to be added manually but that is manageable.
Thanks for the help!

Op zaterdag 24 december 2016 01:39:05 UTC+1 schreef Zac Spitzer:
[...]

ProstepsBelgium

Jan 2, 2017, 10:10:53 AM1/2/17
to Lucee
Apparently there are some bugs with this using Lucee 5+. When only adding 1 host for 1 site, all other sites will return a 404. This is not the case with Lucee 4.5. Further more when adding more hosts Lucee will error. This topic explains but offers not solution: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/lucee/qCr0dd8s9RY

Jordan Michaels

Jan 2, 2017, 5:06:45 PM1/2/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I'm running multiple hosts on Lucee 5.1 and mod_cfml with no issues.

In looking over the link you sent, it looks to me like this happened:

SEVERE: Error deploying web application directory <path-to-express>\webapps\blah
java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/blah]]

... because of this...

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI scheme is not "file"
at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:421)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.process(StandardJarScanner.java:318)

Try disabling Jar scanning, which is disabled by default in Vivio's Lucee Installers for the sake of speed, and see if that circumvents the problem.

Last, can you elaborate on what the issue is with the one-time 302 redirect using mod_cfml? I'm mostly curious why that won't work in your particular use-case.

Thank you!

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels