Lucee-Std Error log

Scott Conklin

Apr 12, 2016, 5:49:12 PM4/12/16
to Lucee
We just migrated from ACF 9.01 to Lucee 4.5.2.018.
server has  the following details:

OS
Windows Server 2012 R2 (6.3) 64bit
8 GB RAM

Servlet Container
Apache Tomcat/8.0.28

Java
1.8.0_77 (Oracle Corporation) 64bit

Architecture
64bit

Database
MS SQL Server 2014

Db Driver
jTDS Type 4 JDBC Driver for MS SQL Server

Java args:
-Xms4096m -Xmx4096m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC

Since going live we have had 2 sudden "slow downs", where the sites on the server seem to just spin and come to a screeching halt and
we must restart tomcat/lucee.
When I look at the machine's resources, CPU (35%) and Memory (89% used) appear normal

When I look over the logs, only 2 things seem to stand out:

1) a very large number of these :
attribute dbvarname of the tag procparam is no longer supported and ignored.
Making it very difficult to navigate the log file.. (32 Mb large now)
Can the logging of this be disabled?

2)  and several of these (see below):
I was not able to find much on this by googling it. I have read about Thread.stop being depcrated in Java 8 etc..
But what is the cause of this and could it be related to the outage??

;Thread.stop(Throwable) is not supported by this JVM and failed with UnsupportedOperationException;java.lang.Throwable;java.lang.Throwable
	at java.net.DualStackPlainDatagramSocketImpl.socketReceiveOrPeekData(Native Method)
	at java.net.DualStackPlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive0(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(Unknown Source)
	at lucee.runtime.net.ntp.NtpClient.getOffset(NtpClient.java:67)
	at lucee.runtime.config.ConfigImpl.reloadTimeServerOffset(ConfigImpl.java:462)
	at lucee.runtime.engine.Controler.control(Controler.java:291)
	at lucee.runtime.engine.Controler.control(Controler.java:214)
	at lucee.runtime.engine.Controler.access$000(Controler.java:59)
	at lucee.runtime.engine.Controler$ControlerThread.run(Controler.java:110)

;;lucee.runtime.engine.Controler$ControlerThread.stop0(java.lang.Object);java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: lucee.runtime.engine.Controler$ControlerThread.stop0(java.lang.Object)
	at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
	at lucee.commons.io.StopThread.run(SystemUtil.java:1085)

Scott Conklin

Apr 13, 2016, 12:07:57 AM4/13/16
to Lucee
I figured out the first issue. .
Still getting a lot of the second issue

Gert Franz

Apr 13, 2016, 7:29:13 AM4/13/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com

What you can do is to turn off the NTP time server synchronization in your administrator. That should stop the issue from happening.

Sincerely
Gert Franz

RASIA GmbH

Spittelgasse 7

5103 Moeriken-Wildegg

Switzerland

Email: ge...@rasia.ch
Skype: gert.franz

Phone Switzerland: +41 76 5680 231

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html
---

image001.png

Scott Conklin

Apr 13, 2016, 9:01:50 AM4/13/16
to Lucee
Gert-

Thanks.
What do you mean by "in your administrator" ?
Do you mean stopping the "Windows Time"  service in Windows?  if so, then this service has already been disabled and is not running.

Mark Drew

Apr 13, 2016, 9:10:53 AM4/13/16
to lucee
I presume in the Lucee admin, so http://yourdomain/lucee/admin.cfm

MD

Scott Conklin (Dynaprice)

Apr 13, 2016, 9:13:02 AM4/13/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I have not been able to find a setting to turn off NTP in the lucee admin.
Can you point me to where that might be?

Gert Franz

Apr 13, 2016, 9:30:01 AM4/13/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Just delete the time server url on the regional page in the web admin.

Gert

Sent from somewhere on the road

Scott Conklin

Apr 13, 2016, 9:32:11 AM4/13/16
to Lucee
ah!! thanks. sorry, i don't know how I missed that..
got it!

Scott Conklin

Apr 13, 2016, 9:36:01 AM4/13/16
to Lucee
one more quick question  (off topic)
I have heard but cannot confirm that using  Lucee;s 4.5 JTDS driver with MS SQL 2014 can produce unpredictable results.
Do you know this to be true?

Gert Franz

Apr 18, 2016, 5:39:12 AM4/18/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Not that I can confirm that. We have several customers that use JTDS in production. It would never be part of Lucee, if it wasn’t reliable. Sometimes it is a good alternative, if for whatever reason the MSSQL drivers don’t work properly (sometimes happens due to network issues or similar).

Sincerely
Gert Franz

RASIA GmbH

Spittelgasse 7