Solandra cluster configuration for fault tolerance

Adrian

Mar 24, 2011, 4:39:05 PM3/24/11
to lucandra-user

I have a 4 node test cluster running Cassandra 0.7.4, and I installed
Solandra from the git repository. I took each node offline one at a
time and started it back up with Solandra and I could index
documents. However if I kill one of the servers I cant write to other
servers.

I get this error message back:
Error 500 org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException:
at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:
282)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:
131)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1316)
at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:
338)
at
solandra.SolandraDispatchFilter.execute(SolandraDispatchFilter.java:
158)

I took a look at the keyspace L and I saw that it has Replication
Factor: 1. Would increasing this value to 2 make it so other servers
could take over if 1 goes down? Or is that bug a solr thing? Are
there any other things in the configs I should worry about?

Jake Luciani

Mar 24, 2011, 5:14:47 PM3/24/11
to lucand...@googlegroups.com, lucandra-user
Yes it's the replication level.

If you can change this in the Cassandra-cli. Check the Cassandra wiki.

The settings can be helpful if you are running into problems. But the defaults are sane.

Jake