install without dependencies

Thijs Schreijer

Apr 11, 2014, 3:40:05 PM4/11/14
to lua...@googlegroups.com
Is there an option to install without dependencies?

In a co-hosted environment with LuaRocks I would like to be able to manually install modules from either one, but I must make sure that neither one tries to install dependencies already installed by the other. LuaRocks has a --nodeps switch. But couldn't find something similar for LuaDist.

Does is exist?

Thijs
Message has been deleted

Marek Šrank

Apr 13, 2014, 6:26:46 PM4/13/14
to lua...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can just download the module (luadist fetch) and then install it manually (luadist make) which skips dependency resolving:

$ luadist DOWNLOAD_DIR fetch luadist-git
Finding out available versions of luadist-git...
Getting luadist-git-0.2.7 (source)...
Modules successfuly downloaded to '~/tmp/LuaDist/DOWNLOAD_DIR'.

$ luadist DEPLOYMENT_DIR make DOWNLOAD_DIR/luadist-git-0.2.7
Building luadist-git-0.2.7...
Deployment successful.

Marek Šrank