Developer Survey for our research project

yama...@posl.ait.kyushu-u.ac.jp

Mar 6, 2017, 5:19:33 PM3/6/17
to lua...@googlegroups.com

Dear @LuaDist,

I am Kazuhiro Yamashita and I am a PhD student at Kyushu University, Japan.
My research is about understanding how Open Source Software (OSS) evolves
overtime. In particular, I am investigating why high-impact projects
(e.g., based on the number of forks or committers) on GitHub stop being
maintained at some point.

We identified that your repository 'LuaDist/lua' has not received any commits in the last
year. Therefore, I would like to ask you some questions about your GitHub
repository 'LuaDist/lua'. If you would like to help us, please fill in the Google
questionnaire here: https://goo.gl/dxf3KV
The questionnaire will take at most 5 minutes to fill in. If you are busy or do
not wish to participate, please ignore this email. We will not contact you again
about the questionnaire.

While we plan on publishing our findings in an academic paper, we will annonymize
all questionnaire answers. Hence, we will never discuss an answer directly in
combination with a repository or developer name. No information will be disclosed
to third parties.

When our paper is accepted, we send you the paper for sharing our findings with you.

If you wish to participate, we would like to ask you to fill in the questionnaire
by March 13th, 2017.

Thank you for your cooperation!
Kazuhiro Yamashita
http://posl.ait.kyushu-u.ac.jp/~yamashita/