lua 5.1

Renaud Kern

Dec 19, 2013, 11:06:55 AM12/19/13
to lua...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Is there a way to install luadist with lua 5.1 on OSX and Ubuntu. As I try to install luazip for instance, I get this message :

- trying another candidate due to: Error getting dependency of 'luazip-1.2.3': Package 'lua ~>5.1' needed, but installed at version '5.2.3'.

Best,

Renaud

Peter Drahoš

Dec 19, 2013, 11:44:15 AM12/19/13
to lua...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
by default LuaDist will use the latest interpreter (using 5.2.3 when you bootstrap) but you can use that installation to create a lua-5.1.5 based installation as follows:

> cd [path to LuaDist/bin]
> ./luadist luadist-lua-5.1.5 install lua-5.1.5 luadist-git luazip
> cd luadist-lua-5.1.5
> ./lua # should be now lua-5.1.5

That will produce ANOTHER LuaDist installation that has lua-5.1.5, luadist CLI and luazip in the luadist-lua-5.1.5 directory. You can move that to whatever location you need.

This is what we call “Deployment” directories. You can have as many of them as you like for example I tend to use separate installations per-project.

Another way to solve this issue is to update luazip so it is lua-5.2 compatible, patches welcome.

pd

signature.asc