outdated gsl shell luadist repository

Francesco Abbate

Nov 22, 2013, 4:03:18 PM11/22/13
to lua...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm Francesco, the author of gsl shell, and I would like to ask you
something about the luadist/gsl-shell repository. I've seen that it is
not updated since a very long time but yet it does appear in the
google's top page for "gsl shell".

The problem is that users can be pointed out toward a very old version
of the source code and they may not be aware that luadist is not the
official repository and is not updated.

Since I have already a gsl shell repository in github I'm asking you
if you can delete your repository to avoid confusion. I appreciate a
lot your intention especially when gsl shell was very young and was
not present in github but now I think that it is better to avoid the
confusion of having an outdated repository.

If you want to keep you repository this can be ok for me but in this
case, please update the repository at least for the official releases
of gsl shell.

I'm sure you will understand my request, I'm not hostile at all, I'm
just cleaning up a little bit :-) Some users pointed out this kind of
problems.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Francesco