Online attendance info for Education Metadata Meetup

Dave Gladney

Jul 25, 2014, 12:11:14 PM7/25/14
to lr...@googlegroups.com, learning-regis...@googlegroups.com, learnin...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Last post about this, I promise.

We've just added an online participation option for the upcoming Education Metadata Meetup. Sorry to do this so late in the game, but we had some logistics to sort out. I've also copied and pasted the final agenda below. Register here:

Best,
-Dave

- - - - -

Agenda:

8:00am: Breakfast
8:30: Why We're Here
- Education Metadata Background (Dave Gladney, LRMI, Michael Jay, Educational Systemics)
- Vision for US Education (Richard Culatta, US Department of Education)

9:00: Learning Registry and LRMI--Enabling the Vision
- The Need for Instructionally Relevant Metadata (Randy Reina, Intel)
- The Role of Distributed Metadata Registries (Steve Midgley, US Department of Education)
9:30: Show and tell (moderated by Michael Jay)

Government
- Jeanne Kitchens, Illinois Shared Learning Environment (ISLE)
- Elizabeth Neuman, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
Developers/Solutions Providers
- Brian Ausland, Navigation North
- Thor Prichard, Clarity Innovations
- Steve Nordmark, Knovation
Content Providers/Curators
- David Grandison, BrainPOP
- Barbra Sperling, MERLOT
- Michelle Brennan, ISKME
- Marlowe Johnson, Pearson
Institutions
- Melissa Wadman & Darren Milligan, Smithsonian
- Maggie Jacobs, The New York Public Library
10:50: Bringing It All Together (Michael Jay)
11:00: Adjourn
11:30am-12:30pm: Networking Lunch at the Carving Room (300 Massachusetts Ave. NW)
- -

Dave Gladney
Director of Communications Technology/LRMI Project Manager, PreK-12 Learning Group
Association of American Publishers
325 Chestnut Street, Suite 1110
Philadelphia, PA

Paul Libbrecht

Jul 31, 2014, 6:22:59 AM7/31/14
to lr...@googlegroups.com
Dave,

has there recordings been made?
It was interesting!

paul

Dave Gladney

Jul 31, 2014, 12:00:25 PM7/31/14
to lr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

I’m glad you enjoyed it. Unfortunately, we were not able to record due to legal restrictions, so there is no video or audio from the event. We will be posting slides later today or tomorrow and over the next week or so we’ll be posting short recaps from each presentation on lrmi.net.

-Dave