New ed tech standards white paper and AAP Ed Tech Group

Dave Gladney

Nov 2, 2015, 11:22:32 AM11/2/15
to lr...@googlegroups.com
Greetings LRMI community,

As you may recall, this past June AAP’s PreK-12 Learning Group organized an event around technical standards in the education space. We invited representatives from nine different standards/specifications groups to deliver a 10-minute “TED Talk” on their standard, its purpose, and where it fits in the ed tech development landscape. (Some of you may have attended the Ed Tech Forum at CIC; apologies in advance for the multiple copies of this message you’ll receive.)

One of the outputs of this highly successful event is a new white paper, “A Survey of the Ed Tech Standards Landscape.” This document includes summaries of the presentations given that day as well as links to videos, slide decks, and related resources for each standard covered. Finally, it includes a list and brief summary of a number of other standards that are important to the ed tech development landscape but didn’t fit on the program this summer. We hope to cover these at future Learning Group events. You can download the white paper at the link below:

http://publishers.org/download-ed-tech-standards-whitepaper

This community might also be interested to know that the PreK-12 Learning Group will be convening a new Technology in Education discussion group that will meet regularly starting this fall. The group will track ed tech trends, discuss and contribute to the development of technical standards, and provide guidance on future AAP ed tech programming. If you or a colleague is interested in learning more or participating, please contact me directly at 267-351-4329 or dgla...@publishers.org.

Best,
-Dave

- -
Dave Gladney
Director of Digital Initiatives, PreK-12 Learning Group
Association of American Publishers
267-351-4329