LRMI Validator?

James Collins

Mar 13, 2015, 11:27:00 AM3/13/15
to lr...@googlegroups.com
Curious if anyone in the group knows if there is a good LRMI validator out there (or even better, a Drupal module)? I've been struggling to find something like this.

James

Jim Klo

Mar 13, 2015, 11:54:03 AM3/13/15
to lr...@googlegroups.com
I built something for Learning Registry a long time ago here for dealing with LRMI encoded as JSON-LD : https://github.com/jimklo/schema-dot-org-json-schema-generator

It can probably be forked and updated to handle HTML.

- JK

Steve Midgley

Mar 13, 2015, 12:59:22 PM3/13/15
to lr...@googlegroups.com
Also it's not quite the same as a validator but LR-Data parses LRMI/JSON-LD, which is similar:

There's more code near those - in python. There's also this drupal module that Jason Hoekstra has been building:

It's designed to *publish* into LR rather than extract and validate. But there's probably some code that resembles validation in the language/framework you want at least..

Steve

eric...@accreditrust.com

Mar 14, 2015, 10:19:13 AM3/14/15
to lr...@googlegroups.com
You might want to try the json-ld playground.  http://json-ld.org/playground/
And you use the Google Mark-Up Testing tool as well:  https://developers.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/

Eric Korb, opencreds.org

Paul Libbrecht

Mar 15, 2015, 9:08:45 AM3/15/15
to lr...@googlegroups.com
For the human validators, I've made a highlighter, a little bookmarklet that transforms the schema.org markup into visible paragraphs one can visually proof:
    http://www.curriki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Coll_jmarks/LRMIViewerBookmarkTool
paul

James Collins

Mar 16, 2015, 8:27:04 AM3/16/15
to lr...@googlegroups.com
This is great. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

Phil Barker

May 27, 2015, 11:48:48 AM5/27/15
to lr...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
Partly in response to this discussion from a couple of months ago, partly because I find it useful for something I am working now, I've written a summary of some tools useful (or not so useful) for validating LRMI / schema.org markup:
http://blogs.pjjk.net/phil/lrmi-schema-org-validation/

There's a bit of the gotcha with several of the tools that is worth noting, in that they will pass anything that is syntactically valid JSON-LD. It's also worth noting the extension that should be possible by describing application profiles so that instances can be validated against local requirements.

Phil

On 13/03/2015 15:27, James Collins wrote:
Curious if anyone in the group knows if there is a good LRMI validator out there (or even better, a Drupal module)? I've been struggling to find something like this.

James

Phil Barker           @philbarker
LRMI, Cetis, ICBL     http://people.pjjk.net/phil
Heriot-Watt University

Workflow: http://www.icbl.hw.ac.uk/~philb/workflow/

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes. Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how to apply.

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity number SC000278.

Eric Korb

May 27, 2015, 12:06:45 PM5/27/15
to lr...@googlegroups.com
+1 Thanks!