Venue for Education Metadata Meetup

Dave Gladney

Jul 21, 2014, 9:29:14 AM7/21/14
to lr...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We're happy to announce that the 7/30 Education Metadata Meetup event will take place at Google Washington, D.C.

25 Massachusetts Ave.
9th Floor
Washington, DC 20001

I've copied and pasted the latest version of the agenda below, and here's the registration link:

Working on details for putting together a Hangout for virtual participation. More news on that soon.

-Dave

- -

Education Metadata Meetup

8:00: Breakfast

8:30: Why are we here?
- Brief background on metadata (Dave Gladney, LRMI, Michael Jay, Educational Systemics)
- What is the vision? (Richard Culatta, US Department of Education)

9:00: Learning Registry and LRMI--Enabling the Vision
- The need for instructionally relevant metadata (Randy Reina, Intel)
- Distributed metadata registries (Steve Midgley, US Department of Education)

9:30: Show and tell (moderated by Michael Jay)

Government
- Jeanne Kitchens, ISLE (Illinois)
- Elizabeth Neuman, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction

Developers
- Thor Prichard, Clarity Innovations
- Brian Ausland, Navigation North

Solutions Providers
- Steve Nordmark, Knovation

Content Providers/Curators
- David Grandison, BrainPOP
- Michelle Brennan, ISKME

Institutions
- Melissa Wadman & Darren Milligan, Smithsonian
- Maggie Jacobs, The New York Public Library

11:00: Informal Networking