What does "missing newline" mean?

Brian Rodgers

Apr 17, 2009, 1:47:59 PM4/17/09
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can anyone explain what might be going on in my script?  I'm getting this error:

Error: missing newline in C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\scripts\041509Scenario3ver01Monarch\UserName.dat

I have my user names for logging on to the website I'm testing in a paramenter file.  What does this "missing newline" mean?"

My parameter file is simple.  It looks like this:

UserName
PERFTEST00001I
PERFTEST00002I
PERFTEST00003I
PERFTEST00004I
PERFTEST00005I
PERFTEST00006I
PERFTEST00007I
PERFTEST00008I
PERFTEST00009I
PERFTEST00010I

Thanks,
Brian

Screenshot.jpg

Krishnakanth PPS

Apr 17, 2009, 2:01:02 PM4/17/09
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
hit enter after that last parameter
also make sure there no spaces anywhere else besides the parameters

prasenjit dutta

Apr 17, 2009, 2:07:27 PM4/17/09
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
palce the cursor after the last letter of the last parameter and then hit the enter and then press the delete button to make sure that no space exists after the last parameter....then save the file and run it......u'll not get that error message......
--
Prasenjit

poonam priyadarshi

Apr 17, 2009, 3:46:45 PM4/17/09
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brain,

Just go to last input.(CTRL+END),if its at end of the PERFTEST00010I then press enter
The cursor should point to next line.Save it and run the script.

Missing line parameter is due to enter key missing at the end of paarameter list.But make sure there are no extras line also,CTRL+END should point to next line only at end.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Poonam

Brian Rodgers