LR- Error -27995: Requested link ("Text=edit") not found

Anshult

Apr 22, 2011, 6:30:03 AM4/22/11
to LoadR...@yahoogroups.com, lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I am running test for 100 VUsers but few users get failed due to error: "Edit Profile" link not found.
("Edit Profile" is a functionality in AUT). This error didnt occurs with small number of users eg 30-40 VUsers.
In LR help "Message Code-27995" gives all details but I am confused why this error occurs with large number of users
and only for one of the functionality not for all other functionalities.
We also had discussions with developers but they too couldnt find the actual reason.
If anybody can suggest reason and solution for the error.

Regards,
Anshul

John Crunk

Apr 22, 2011, 8:06:04 AM4/22/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
I don't think we can help you here with that. It is part of your job as a performance tester to figure out why this is happening and if it is an application problem. If application problem then you should also find a solution. What have you done so far to investigate this?

Sent from my iPhone

Sagar Aggarwal

Apr 22, 2011, 7:59:15 AM4/22/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com, LoadR...@yahoogroups.com
i think you are using click and script protocol and you have not given sufficient think time and pacing time in your script....try this thing and let us know...

James Pulley

Apr 22, 2011, 8:41:16 AM4/22/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com, LoadR...@yahoogroups.com

This means that the page you were expecting to appear with the link you were expecting to be there is not present.

This means that you are not taking advantage of features to check for proper returned pages before you continue your script execution.  In short, you are not following millennia old testing practices to check for the expected result from your test step.

Why a page fails to appear can be for many reasons.   It may be related to data being in the improper state, where you may have had one business process change the state of the data used by another business process.  It may be related to the system being so slow under load that the page is timing out.   It may be to due to a session cross pollution error that causes the server to wig out.   This is where your diagnostic skills come into play.

Since you are not checking for proper returned pages before continuing, the actual source of the error might be three to four pages previous in your business process.

James Pulley, http://www.loadrunnerbythehour.com/PricingMatrix

Manik Sikka

Apr 22, 2011, 2:32:39 PM4/22/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com, LoadR...@yahoogroups.com
web_reg_find is case sensitive try web_reg_find("Text/IC=edit"); might help......

Thank you,
Manik Sikka

Thanks & Regards,
Manik Sikka
(718) 775 7022

Jagadeesh Padmanabhuni

Apr 26, 2011, 2:52:08 AM4/26/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
This is basically a sync problem.
If you are using Web(Click&Script) protocol, user the web_browser function with "Sync" in 'Action' argument,specifying the snapshot.

If you are using other web protocol, either use proper think time or implement synchronization manually by using web_reg_find and looping the think time.

Regards,
Jagadeesh.