Error -27796: Failed to connect to server "server host:port 443": [10061] Connection refused

Deb

Feb 20, 2011, 6:38:50 PM2/20/11
to LoadRunner
Hi,

I am working in a environment where my load generators in a different
sub net where as web load balance server in another (not a typical
ideal performance test environment where everything in the same
network) and there are some firewall rules in between them. Now I am
using LR 9.5 HTTP/WEB protocol to do some transaction like login to
web page. Now from load generator machine if I login manually by
opening web page it work's fine where as LG fails to connect to web
server.

Action.c(21): Error -27796: Failed to connect to server "<web server
host>:443": [10061] Connection refused [MsgId: MERR-27796]

So I am looking for a solution in LR run time settings or somewhere to
get an workaround on this. How can I connect and send request to my
web servers from my LoadGenerator. We could have opened the all
firewall and ports but the problem is that it's being maintained by
third party and will take some time.

Looking for your suggestions and help as my project will be going live
in a short time and we are in a critical path.

Thanks
Deb

James Pulley

Feb 20, 2011, 7:40:37 PM2/20/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
You may want to take a look at the following,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740668(v=vs.85).aspx

10061 can point to many reasons, from invalid session handles to bad
addresses. Session management can be a critical thing in a load balanced
environment. I guess as a way of introducing a control point, do you have
any load generator from which the script works as expected?

James Pulley, http://www.loadrunnerbythehour.com/PricingMatrix

Hi,

Thanks
Deb

Floris Kraak

Feb 21, 2011, 3:20:42 AM2/21/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com, Deb
On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 12:38 AM, Deb <deb.j...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now from load generator machine if I login manually by
> opening web page it work's fine where as LG fails to connect to web
> server.
>
> Action.c(21): Error -27796: Failed to connect to server "<web server
> host>:443": [10061] Connection refused          [MsgId: MERR-27796]

That looks like a proxy issue to me. Take a good look at the proxy
settings for both browser and load generator. If they match this
should simply not happen.
Another thing to test here is to open the command line and run 'telnet
host port' (replace host and port with the correct host and port, of
course) to see if the machine you run that command from can actually
connect to the target. If it can't you should get the same error -
connection refused.

This does point out an interesting issue though - if your browser
connects through a proxy the load generator may be forced to do the
same thing. But that means that if you start loadtesting you will
start putting load on that proxy server as well. You may need to make
arrangements for monitoring it and probably talk to whichever party is
responsible for maintaining it as that proxy server probably has
production status.

Secondly you may have to start thinking about the question "Is it
typically the case for normal users to connect through that proxy?".
If the answer is 'no', then ideally you should try to find a way to
connect to the application under test without it.

Regards,
Floris
---
'Many people asked me if I was afraid to fly and implied that I should
have stayed home, close to family and friends. I replied that if I had
stayed home, the terrorists would have won.

Unfortunately, my government does not agree with my definition of
winning. They think that living in fear and trying desperately to keep
us all 100% safe while flying is the most effective way to fight
terrorism. It reminds me of a boss that told me he liked it when
people lived in fear of being fired, they worked harder. I told him
being fired held no fear for me. When you live in fear, you do
irrational things - like sending millions of people's shoes through an
xray scanner every day.'
   -- Stormy Peters

Roland Jefferson JR

Feb 21, 2011, 9:35:57 AM2/21/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com

I would try to remote desktop to the load generators and instal and run vugen from these boxes with the same scripts or try to record a fresh one there and see if it is possibleb and what the run time settings are showing you. If all else fails get the networking team involved and describe your dilema and see if they need to modify your DNS settings on your generators. Hope this helps, Roland

debasis

Feb 21, 2011, 8:08:54 PM2/21/11
to Floris Kraak, lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Floris,

Thanks for the response ..
My issue is the env I have with me for performance testing. It's mix of test env, prod env and cloud - quite interesting tho. I have my agent machines sitting somewhere in my organization private network who are trying to connect to load balance server (in the cloud !!) through public facing NIC that will be opened to general public once project goes live and shortly. Please note that this is a prod server and you can bet loads of firewall rule and port constraints. So I had to use the proxy server so that my LG request pass through .. then hit the web server on public internet and give me response... more or less like a prod situation ..

Now we did bit of firewall and port opening and it did work for one of my agent machine where is failed for other .. Getting the below error
Any idea  ??

vuser_init.c(53): Warning -27791: Server "Proxy_server" has shut down the connection prematurely   [MsgId: MWAR-27791]
vuser_init.c(53): Warning -27744: Internal Error - connection to "Web_server" is closed in state STATE_RETRY   [MsgId: MWAR-27744]

Cheers
Deb

Floris Kraak

Feb 22, 2011, 2:03:45 AM2/22/11
to debasis, lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 2:08 AM, debasis <deb.j...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now we did bit of firewall and port opening and it did work for one of my
> agent machine where is failed for other .. Getting the below error
> Any idea  ??
>
> vuser_init.c(53): Warning -27791: Server "Proxy_server" has shut down the
> connection prematurely   [MsgId: MWAR-27791]
> vuser_init.c(53): Warning -27744: Internal Error - connection to
> "Web_server" is closed in state STATE_RETRY   [MsgId: MWAR-27744]

Not really. Your network path seems to work as the connection is
accepted, but the proxy server then fails to answer.

This looks like a configuration problem on the side of the proxy
server or something along those lines. You'll need to talk to whoever
administrates that machine. That person can look at logs and tell you
perhaps why it is dropping your connection.

Md Humayun Kabir

Feb 24, 2011, 1:49:04 PM2/24/11
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
Try this