Anyone work at an Autostore?

Essobi

Jul 2, 2012, 4:19:56 PM7/2/12
to louisville-organiz...@googlegroups.com
Used wiperblades tend to have an ideal spring steel in them to make torsion wrenches.

Anyone have a source for them?

Essobi

James Copeland

Jul 2, 2012, 4:22:14 PM7/2/12
to louisville-organiz...@googlegroups.com
Salvage yard.. not sure what they'd want for them though. I've done a bit of picking out at pull-a-part.

Essobi

Essobi

Jul 2, 2012, 4:23:29 PM7/2/12
to louisville-organiz...@googlegroups.com
Used wiper blades? Lord if it's more then 10 cents to 25 cents a set,
it's not worth it.
I think I can buy real torsion wrenches for 30 cents...

James Copeland

Jul 2, 2012, 4:25:05 PM7/2/12
to louisville-organiz...@googlegroups.com
Right. It may be literally nothing. Ive gotten some little oddball things in there before that they didnt charge me for .. however I was getting other things at the same time that were more substantial. I could maybe call and check.

Essobi

Jul 2, 2012, 4:29:28 PM7/2/12
to louisville-organiz...@googlegroups.com
Someone suggested checking the dumpster at autozone or somewhere similar after a big storm.

Essobi

dosman

Jul 2, 2012, 6:20:00 PM7/2/12
to louisville-organiz...@googlegroups.com
Go to the dollar store and get one of those "flip-out" laundry baskets. 12' of tensioner material per basket right there.

-dosman

Essobi

Jul 2, 2012, 6:49:45 PM7/2/12
to louisville-organiz...@googlegroups.com
Feet or inches?

Essobi

dosman

Jul 3, 2012, 7:55:37 AM7/3/12
to louisville-organiz...@googlegroups.com
FEET

These things are amazing, the dollar store and hobby lobby are advancing the state-of-the-art in lock picking without even realizing it. The metal works just as good as professionally made tensioners, but you need to be gentle when bending it, sharp/over-90 degree bends will snap it, but it is strong until then.

Essobi

Jul 3, 2012, 10:36:26 AM7/3/12
to louisville-organiz...@googlegroups.com
Nice source. Any chance you took a micrometer to the thickness?