Get together for games sometime?

Jeremy York

Oct 6, 2011, 1:49:04 PM10/6/11
to LOTR-Puget...@googlegroups.com
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together periodically - maybe monthly? -  to play, tweak and tune decks, and so on?

A couple of game-friendly venues that come to mind are Third Place Books (I prefer the Lake Forest Park location) or Crossroads Mall out in Bellevue.

Weekends are easier for me, although I can do weeknights if it's someplace I can get to via bus from the eastside after work (that makes Lake Forest Park not so good for me weeknights, but downtown, capital hill, u-district and northgate are feasible for me on a weeknight).

Timothy Goddard

Oct 7, 2011, 4:41:21 PM10/7/11
to LOTR LCG Puget Fellowship
I might be up for this--I'm in Lynnwood, so Third Place Books isn't
very far. Weekends are probably best for me as well. I don't know how
regular of a schedule I could commit to at this point, though.

Jeremy York

Oct 13, 2011, 2:53:02 PM10/13/11
to LOTR-Puget...@googlegroups.com
What about either the 5th (Sat) or 6th (Sun) of November at the Lake Forest Park Third Place Books?

Saturday afternoon would be better (there's a jazz band playing in the evening according to their calendar).  And Sunday looks open.

If not those days, some other weekend in November?  I'm booked up for weekends this month.

Timothy Goddard

Oct 20, 2011, 5:03:23 PM10/20/11
to LOTR LCG Puget Fellowship
Sunday the 6th would work great for me.

Timothy Goddard

Nov 4, 2011, 12:43:49 PM11/4/11
to LOTR LCG Puget Fellowship
Are we still on for Sunday? What time? Any quest preferences? I
played Dead Marshes for the first time last night, and it might be my
favorite so far. I haven't played Massing yet with anything resembling
success though, though I'd love to take a multiplayer crack at that.

We should also make sure we don't overlap amy heros. My preferred deck
is Beravor, Bilbo and Theodred, but I have a Spirit/Tactics deck I
could use, though it's still a work in progress.

Tim

Jeremy York

Nov 5, 2011, 9:45:32 AM11/5/11
to LOTR-Puget...@googlegroups.com
Came down with a bug while traveling this week, and wasn't sure if I'd be over it, so I'd been holding off on committing.

But I'm feeling a lot better today, so I can be there.

I'm thinking of getting there around 1pm and having lunch, so either meet me there at 1 if you also plan to eat there, or come around 1:30 otherwise?

I'll try throwing together a tactics / spirit deck of some sort.  I must admit, I've demoed the game more than I've played it, and don't feel like I've really got the hang of deck building yet.  I'm game to try any scenario; Dead Marshes and Massing sound fine to me.

Timothy Goddard

Nov 5, 2011, 10:11:56 PM11/5/11
to LOTR LCG Puget Fellowship
Unfortunately, that's too early for me to get there. But I can do 3PM
instead; does that work for you?

Jeremy York

Nov 5, 2011, 11:18:14 PM11/5/11
to LOTR-Puget...@googlegroups.com
Sure, let's do 3pm, sounds fine to me.

Jeremy York

Nov 7, 2011, 7:33:38 PM11/7/11
to LOTR-Puget...@googlegroups.com
Tim and I had a good game yesterday.

We might try the same venue (3rd Place Books in Lake Forest Park) on another Sunday afternoon next month; anyone else interested?

Timothy Goddard

Nov 8, 2011, 1:06:05 PM11/8/11
to LOTR LCG Puget Fellowship
I second that--it was a good time, and it would be great if we could
add additional players.

Ryan Hanson

Nov 8, 2011, 1:11:55 PM11/8/11
to LOTR LCG Puget Fellowship
I think its awesome you guys got together. That location is way too
far north for me to be able to participate but I still highly approve
(I dwell in Puyallup in the "South Farthing" of the Puget Sound
region.)

Ryan Heck

Nov 8, 2011, 3:11:55 PM11/8/11
to lotr-puget...@googlegroups.com
I won't be able to make it on Sunday afternoons as it conflicts with church. Earlier mid-morning or early afternoon could work. I may try to get a regular group playing at Crossroads Mall since I live right by it. Once my bride and I get things smoothed out, I'll post that up and start championing some games via Uncle's Games/Crossroads. Its such a perfect location for gaming of all kinds.

Ryan Heck
206.854.8608 | ryan.slipstream(at)gmail | Skype: slipstream.cc

Jeremy York

Nov 9, 2011, 6:50:11 PM11/9/11
to LOTR-Puget...@googlegroups.com, lotr-puget...@googlegroups.com
Crossroads is a great location too; I'm equally close to there and 3rd Place.  Game friendly vibe, thanks to the giant chess set (which gets regular use), the lingering memory of a WotC store, and now Uncle's Games.

Anytime on a weekend is generally good for me, just need some advance warning to plan transportation.