The Dead Marshes discussion

1 view

Jeremy York

Nov 7, 2011, 7:42:00 PM11/7/11
to LOTR-Puget...@googlegroups.com
Quest Question
Tim and I played The Dead Marshes, and think we won, but were unclear about something.

We took a stab at capturing Gollum early, failed, and he escaped into the encounter deck.  We played back through part 1 again, and got to part 2, while Gollum was still in the encounter deck.

What happens on the second part of the quest, if you put sufficient advancement tokens on it, but Gollum is not currently in play?  We played that it just sits there, but began to suspect by the end that this wasn't correct, and that if you finish 2B while Gollum isn't in play, you fail to achieve the capture and reset back to 1B.

The other alternative is that Gollum can be captured as soon as he pops out of the encounter deck into the staging area (he hasn't had a chance to gain any resource tokens, and so the final escape test can't fail).

Boromir And The Eagles
I am really liking Boromir in a Spirit / Tactics deck with some threat reduction capability.  Also, there are finally enough Eagle cards that a Tactics-heavy deck can use them to good advantage; about 1/3 of my deck was Eagle cards.  The Eagles Are Coming worked pretty well (once it got me 0 cards, once it got me 3 cards).  The deck is built on Boromir, Thalin, and Eowyn, with the theory that Eowyn quests, Thalin can fight early (2 defense) and quest later (for his special to wound newly revealed attackers), and Boromir can do everything (including ramping up your threat like crazy).  Made a few tweaks to the deck, hopefully it'll perform better next time.

Ryan Heck

Nov 8, 2011, 12:41:42 PM11/8/11
to lotr-puget...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info Jeremy!

Definitely gotta pick this set up now. I'm about two sets behind (three including Massing), but I'm confident I can pick them up soon.

Ryan

Timothy Goddard

Nov 8, 2011, 1:09:58 PM11/8/11
to LOTR LCG Puget Fellowship
I've submitted our question directly to Fantasy Flight, so hopefully
I'll hear back shortly and can share it.