The Hobbit

Jeremy York

Aug 17, 2012, 1:01:38 PM8/17/12
to LOTR-Puget...@googlegroups.com
I've got the new Hobbit expansion, it looks pretty darn cool and has me itching to play again.  They give two suggested decks, using cards from just The Hobbit and the base set, which (a) helps you play with characters that fit with the timeline and (b) suggests that this is something of a re-boot, in that the scenarios are balanced to be playable even if you've skipped many of the other expansions so far.

I'm up for a game if anyone else is...

I've recently put up a website for selling things on my own, outside of eBay, you can see it here :
http://www.prunesquallor.net/Lord-of-the-Rings-LCG_c56.htm

I've got a few copies of The Hobbit available for sale, but I expect them to go quickly.  Price for local shipping is $25, or I can do an in-person delivery if we're meeting up for a game, for $20.  Contact me directly if interested, auctions at prunesquallor.net

In other news, I taught 4 people to play the game in two sessions at Dragonflight.  The first of those was attempting the first scenario from Dwarrowdelf, with two decks that hadn't incorporated any recent cards, and one deck I put together on the fly.  We had fun but we didn't get past the first scenario card.  I've since rebuilt my decks a bit, including a 3-sphere dwarf deck.