how to use Loopback with new relic

fadeojo

Feb 26, 2015, 9:37:53 AM2/26/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
 I am trying to get loopback to work with new relic. Please can someone provide an example?

Benjamin Boudreau

Feb 26, 2015, 11:24:08 AM2/26/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
Looks like there is 2 problems you might encounter:

1) https://github.com/strongloop/loopback/pull/1131 You might want to wait for a new loopback release to get it to work.

2) and if you use the mongo connector, newrelic doesnt support the native js mongo driver of version >= 2.0 now. Although they may in a few weeks so they say. Although I can see they just released a new version that: "Updated instrumentation for MongoDB to support previously un-instrumented methods for 1.x and 2.x versions of the node-mongodb-native driver."

Let me know how it goes :)

Raymond Feng

Feb 26, 2015, 12:05:35 PM2/26/15
to Benjamin Boudreau, loopb...@googlegroups.com
loop...@2.13.0 contains the PR.

Thanks,

---
Raymond Feng
Co-Founder and Architect @ StrongLoop, Inc.

StrongLoop makes it easy to develop APIs in Node, plus get DevOps capabilities like monitoring, debugging and clustering.

Benjamin Boudreau

Feb 26, 2015, 12:15:33 PM2/26/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com, bbou...@foko.co
And just tested both releases, and it works amazingly well :)
Thanks @Raymond