LoopBack Related Blog Content - Tell Us What You Want to Read About!

Jimmy Guerrero

Apr 3, 2015, 2:51:14 PM4/3/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

As many of you know, we publish a ton of technical content on the StrongLoop blog and gather it up the best posts every month in our newsletter ...so, to make sure we are writing on topics that are relevant and interesting to this group, I am putting in a request for you to reply to this thread with topics you'd like us to write about. The more specific and technical the better!

Obviously, blogs aren't substitutes for good documentation, but hopefully the blogs can dive into greater detail on some of LoopBack's hidden or advanced capabilities, as well as, how it can interact with related technologies.

Some examples:

* How to write your own LoopBack data connector
* Creating complex data models and relationships
* Working with SDKs

Let us know what you'd like to read about!

Jimmy Guerrero
@strongloop

Spencer Strombotne

Apr 3, 2015, 3:50:10 PM4/3/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
We're using Loopback's Angular SDK along with Ionic Framework to make our mobile app. We'd love to hear more about Loopback Offline Data Sync.

David Bohm

Apr 6, 2015, 11:06:33 PM4/6/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
Testing and validation of real examples! It's the only thing that is missing!

Michael Oakley

Apr 17, 2015, 9:33:25 PM4/17/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
+1 for model relationships. I imagine a lot of people have existing postgres/mysql/mssql databases and would love to use loopback on their existing data models. Adapting basic lookup tables and join tables to loopback style relationships was a hurdle I faced.

Matthew Woolnough

Apr 18, 2015, 7:36:27 PM4/18/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
REST & SOAP connector usage.  There is a post by Michael Ni where he mentions that this and the SOAP connector dont work the same as other connectors.

Would be nice to know how they should be used. I'd like to use them in relationships with models from other connectors, but it doesn't sound as though this is currently possible....... or is it?????

Would also like an example of how connect to Oauth2 and OpenID-connect protected APIs using these connectors.

Matthew

Rahul Lohra

Jun 23, 2015, 9:16:48 AM6/23/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
A screencast of making a basic Android App (from scratch)  ,connecting this app ---> to the API we have made using loopback and doing basic operations like Inserting ,fetching data. I know you already gave us the documentation but still if you make an screencast it would be great for me and rest of the android dev around the world

Fadi Chalfoun

Jun 24, 2015, 8:13:06 PM6/24/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
+1 for more testing / validation documentation and examples. Some basic test scaffolding that comes with slc loopback:model could be an interesting addition.

Allan Brazute

Jun 24, 2015, 10:55:17 PM6/24/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would really like to see something related to best pratices and some examples on how to use Loopback to make a multi-company-aware app.
Things like let a logged in user to query only data that belongs to his company and other security stuff.
I'm building one right now, while I learn Loopback and it's been chalenging since all the examples are for single company apps and Loopback don't seems to have bult-in securities measures for senarios like that.

Robins Gupta

Jul 13, 2015, 2:52:58 PM7/13/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
I would really like to to read blog about what are the security measures taken to secure the Backend website designed using loopback. What are the loopholes and also how to make your backend website more secure as most of the developer are using loopback for purpose serving mobile app Backend thus security is a major issue.

Naveen Singh

Jul 14, 2015, 10:22:35 AM7/14/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
Setting up a dev/staging/production enviornment with multiple config files

sprhawk

Jul 19, 2015, 7:02:14 AM7/19/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
best practices in real production life

more real examples

how to design APIs

James Green

Jul 27, 2015, 5:47:10 AM7/27/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
Apologies for coming to this late. Automated testing gets my vote. The wider world of this is both a big deal and seriously misunderstood by many.

Perhaps building a Jenkins pipeline that first exercises the unit tests of a LB application before triggering a downstream bunch of integration tests? That would be great to point new users to.

[ Unit tests of course only exercising lines of code with no other I/O including DB, integration tests exercising the omitted bits including I/O via mocks. ]

James

Leandro Silva

Jul 28, 2015, 3:24:20 PM7/28/15
to LoopbackJS, ji...@strongloop.com
Realtime server-sent events

Travis James

Aug 1, 2015, 10:03:42 AM8/1/15
to LoopbackJS
I would like to read more about how to implement a Flux-based solution with React, isomorphic JavaScript, gulp (instead of grunt), offline-sync (using Flux datastores along with offline-sync), and possibly tying the whole thing together with React-native using the iOS SDK against the server.  A full stack web/mobile effort using the latest technologies.

A comparison of this type of structure to Meteor would be great.  I think Loopback has the potential for far more flexibility in offline synching scenarios (can sync against Couchbase, or any data connector supported by Loopback).  The limitation right now is in real-time updating it seems--DDP in Meteor provides this even though it is not TRULY real time.

Integrating all this with a Websockets-based implementation (or with your pubsub) could be a terrific answer for this.  We all need examples on how this is done with good documentation on the scenarios based on the latest versions of Loopback.

If you guys don't have the time to write something like this, I would volunteer to contribute perhaps multiple blog posts on these subjects with a little help and support on the parts that are not as well documented.

Travis James

Aug 1, 2015, 10:04:47 AM8/1/15
to LoopbackJS
I would also like to see something on tips for deploying LoopBack solutions into Docker and monitoring them.

Thiago Sales

Aug 29, 2015, 11:17:13 PM8/29/15
to LoopbackJS
+1 - Model relationship with complex queries
+1 - How to design secure backend applications with loopback/strongloop.

Philippe Corrèges

Oct 27, 2015, 12:32:42 PM10/27/15
to LoopbackJS
Hi !
I would be very please to get precisions on what the Application build-in model is and how to manage cross applications users rights.

Thanks

Tim Needham

Jan 8, 2016, 3:07:27 PM1/8/16
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Case studies and experiences of running Loopback in production.

Thanks

Tim